Contribute
Register

The hackintosh on the Asus F552C/X550CL laptop is 100% compatible with Sierra/HSierra, Mojave, Catalina and works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus F552C
CPU
i3-3217U
Graphics
HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 14.08.43.png

The hackintosh on the Asus F552C/X550CL laptop is 100% compatible with Sierra/HSierra, Mojave, Catalina and works great!
The characteristics of my laptop:
Motherboard: Asus F552C/X550CL
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3217U CPU @ 1.80GHz
Memory: 12 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB / Nvidia GeForce 710M: Disable

Hello to hackintosh! I attach my patched DSDT.aml file. That you would not suffer like me with patches. I hope you know where and how to copy the EFI files.

What's Working:
Audio ✔
Ethernet/WiFi ✔
Graphics: Intel HD 4000✔ - Nvidia GeForce 710M is disabled
HDMI ✔
Sleep/wake Function ✔
Power Management ✔
Touchpad/Keyboard✔ - After installing the system, delete the file: VoodooPS2Controller.kext from the Other folder
iMessage ✔
iCloud ✔
USB with 2.0 & 3.0 Ports ✔
Bootloader ✔
Battery ✔

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi why is the 710m disabled?
Because Optimus is not working correctly all macOS systems. And I may go to the world of Linux or Windows, many 3D games slow down on Intel HD 4000.

Last edited:
Oh ok but surfing the net i've found someone online that figured out to make it work even with QE/CI so i would like to try...
all that is written on the Internet about Optimus on macOS is a fake! don't get fooled by this. Disable Nvidia in the dsdt.aml file and config.plist config file

Hello, can you tell me where you downloaded this version of the macos image with the same clover. The fact is that I want to set your parameters on an ASUS x 555 laptop, they are the same in characteristics, only the processor (intel core i7) and graphics (intel 520hd) differ. I tried to install the same clover, to flip separately kext, but always when loading clover black screen, and another version of clover. If it is not difficult, you can explain how to act for me in more detail. Thank you for your understanding !!!

Hello, can you tell me where you downloaded this version of the macos image with the same clover. The fact is that I want to set your parameters on an ASUS x 555 laptop, they are the same in characteristics, only the processor (intel core i7) and graphics (intel 520hd) differ. I tried to install the same clover, to flip separately kext, but always when loading clover black screen, and another version of clover. If it is not difficult, you can explain how to act for me in more detail. Thank you for your understanding !!!
you download macOS from the mac appstore

how do I download it? Explain on points how to download and install macos with clover and the same parameters as in this post

how do I download it? Explain on points how to download and install macos with clover and the same parameters as in this post
First you need to write the system to usb flash drive. Look in google or on this site for a topic: How to record a hackintosh on usb.

by opening up appstore app on a mac, then search for the OS you want to download and download it

and what about the clover loader, how to put it on the installation flash drive?

and what about the clover loader, how to put it on the installation flash drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back