Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my 650ti running smooth in 10.8.2 on the GA-P55M-UD2 with no hassle. Running two 24" 1080p screens (ACER and DELL models, too) though you'll have to calibrate the colors to match.
Haven't tried updating to 10.8.4 yet.

Hi,

I installed my new EVGA GTX650 Ti without much hassle (GE=No but now I have to boot with npci=0x2000). Everything is working fine but I can't get VDADecoder hardware acceleration working. In Windows a Youtube 1080p video plays with "hardware accelerated rendering" and "hardware accelerated decoding" (in Chrome I had to disable the pepperflash as described here) but in OS X I get "hardware accelerated rendering" and only "software video decoding". I get error -12473 with the VDADecoderChecker as well.
I have tried with the Native and the Nvidia Web Driver to no avail. Playing with different SMBios definitions got me a bit further. The MacbookPro6,1 and 8,1 passed the VDADecoderChecker Test but when playing a Youtube video I got green colors and a subsequent hang. Has anybody got this working?

The Gigabyte GTX 650 Ti works just fine for me, with the customac budget ATX build, and it has great performance! (~200fps minecraft) Also it is very quiet.

This Card is not so compatible, I had to spend a few hours to figure what to inject and where to inject, also using SMBIOS for that

Had to edit some Info.plists:

1- AppleGraphicsPowerManagement.kext

In Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 (iMac 13,2)

you can find " Vendor10deDevice0fe0 " (closest to 650TI I could find) to copy and rename as Vendor10deDevice11c6

2- NVDAGK100Hal.kext

Added after IOProbeScore

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x11c610de£amp;0xffe0ffff
</string>

3- NVDAResman.kext

Added after IOClass

<key>IOPCIPrimaryMatch</key>
<string>
0x11c610de£amp;0xffe0ffff
</string>

4- RollBack on AppleACPIPlatform.kext from 10.8.1 ( found on multi beast )

5- Use " Chameleon Wizard.app " to set SMBIOS to iMac 13,2 (could be any other, you just have to copy info on Mac-FC02E91DDD3FA6A4 to any other areas to match, that is important or system will halt, it verifies with SMBIOS.

GE=No on boot, just that

System is running smooth, OpenCL working

Hi there hope all is well

could you please explain how u get your device identified cuz mine is gtx660 non ti and always identified as gtx285

appreciate your feedback

best regards

hi guys,
with macmini6,2 smbios i get a channel exception every time i try to preview a video from finder, or for instance when i try to see flash videos from steam (in don't know why but videos works fine from chrome).

with imac13,2 smbios i lost speedstep but the video preview works seamlessly...

any advices?

EDIT: SOLVED. Was totally my own fault. I missed the point that i have to have at least version 10.8.3 for nvidia support. Now i installed Updates to 10.8.4 and everything is perfect!

Thanks for the great thread. is a great community here =)

Screen Shot 2013-08-10 at 9.26.00 AM.pngKext_Screenshot.png

Hi.

Ich switched from HD2500 to Nvidia GTX 650 Ti.

I am using OSX 10.8.2.

I have now some issues:

• Mode is set automatically to 1280x1024 (even if in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist is Graphics Mode set to 1920x1080x32)
  • It seems there is no Graphic acceleration happening. Displaying Top Sites in Safari brings flickering and refreshrate goes down to 1-2 pictures / second

What i have done before:
  • Set System Definitions to MacPro 5.1 (also tried 3.1 but didn't make any difference)
  • Deleted AppleTyMCEDriver.kext
  • Tried to install NVIDIA Retail Mac Driver Installer 18.5.2f16.mpkg. It told me that the system already has the drivers needed and that i dont need to install them. I read some topics about the 650 Ti and decided i want to get it installed at all. So i removed follwing .kext from S/L/E
    • NVDAGF100Hal.kext
    • NVDAGK100Hal.kext
    • NVDANV50Hal.kext
    • NVDAResman.kext
  • Now i was able to install NVIDIA Retail Mac Driver Installer 18.5.2f16.mpkg and it gave me following .kext in S/L/E
    • NVDANV10Hal.kext
    • NVDANV20Hal.kext
    • NVDANV30Hal.kext
    • NVDANV40Hal.kext
    • NVDANV40HalPPC.kext
    • NVDANV50Hal.kext
    • NVDAResman.kext
    • NVDAResmanPPC.kext
  • I also disabled integrated Graphics in bios and set PEG.
  • I installed the CUDA Driver cuda_5.5.20_mac_64.pkg (only the drivers no sdk or developer tools)

I don't really now what else i should do to get it working.

Any help/advice is appriciated.

Here are screenshots of the display information and one screenshot of all .kext files i got today by installing the nvidia and cude drivers.

Kind regards, Fox

Sorry for my english,

Has anybody GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 geekbench 3.0.2 tested here? I have wery low result. I upgrade from GT 640 2GB DDR3 to GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 because i buy Apple cinema display 27 and new card has display port but benchmark result are lower then previous card

old card
BENCHMARKS Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB DDR3
cinebench - OpenGL 37,16 fps - cpu 8,85 pts
novabench - 854
GeekBench 2 Pro - 64 bit - 9307

new card
BENCHMARKS EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5
cinebench - OpenGL 36,45 fps - cpu 4,84 pts
novabench - 1088
Geekbench 3.0.2 - 64 bit - Single-Core=2886 Multi-Core=8978

My hackintosh spec:
Chipset - Intel H61 Express chipset
Motherboard - GA-H61N-USB3 rev. 1.0 Bios F8
CPU - Intel Core i5-2380P 3.1 GHz
HDD - WD Velociraptor 320 GB 10.000 rpm 7 Watts
VGA - Gigabyte NVIDIA GeForce GT 640 2GB DDR3 upgraded to VGA - EVGA GeForce GTX 650 Ti Boost 2 GB GDDR5 - Kepler GK106
RAM - 2x4 GB 1333 MHz
Audio - Realtek ALC889
LAN - Realtek RTL8111E
USB 3.0 - Fresco FL1009 chip

I upgrade my hackintosh just with changing old card with new one, nothing software installation, system 10.8.4 recognize new GTX 650 TI Boost without no problem, so no post-installation be needed (or need i any tweak after changing VGA card?) Or need i reinstall OS X to be new card running on full power?

Thanks for any advice

Motherboard - GA-Z77-ds3h rev. 1.1 Bios F9
CPU - 3,4 GHz Intel Core i3
HDD - ssd
VGA - GTX 650 Ti 1 GB
RAM - 4 GB 1600 MHz

cinebench:
View attachment 72499

Why?

Attachments

• 123.png
    123.png
    37 KB · Views: 333
Hy!
A little question.
I've found a msi gtx650ti at a good price on amazon http://www.amazon.fr/dp/B00CHZFUBK/?tag=tonymacx8607-21

but it's not the same reference than in the Buyer's guide (on the amazon us site)... The only differences I have found are the gpu clockspeed and the fan...

Will it work too?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back