Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pic-

I didn't modify anything; everything auto-detected.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1,261
I just picked up this card today, popped it in, installed the CUDA drivers, then updated same online via the System Pref, and now it's working, but...

...it's not filling up the entire screen of my 24" LG 1080p display. It's got about 1.5" of black on the sides, and 0.75" on top and bottom. Otherwise it looks real good, lol.

It does say "1920 x 1080" in Mac Display prefs, and I believe I have that resolution in the boot.plist file.

Would love a guide as well.

What does your System Preferences/Displays, does it have the resolutions listed the card/monitor combination can run, and is there a Overscan option? If so, check that and it should scale to 'full picture'

I have a list at home with the steps I used to setup my GTX 650Ti.

I've run into two KP incidents that I have work arounds for for other 650Ti users. Will get to that when I'm home and I'll share the link to the thread here.

I have posted this on another thread, maybe this is a better place

I have replaced GTX260 with new Gigabyte GTX650 Ti 2Gb ddr5, and ML crashes randomly, after 1-2 minutes, no matter what i do, just watching at the desktop, and it suddenly restarts.

I have installed nvidia GF http://www.nvidia.com/object/macosx-304.00.05f02-driver.html
and Cuda drivers.

GraphicEnabler=NO

I dont have any PCIRootUID settings at all in my chameleon.boot.plist.

System recognizes the card, memory size and everything, it just crashes without any warning or text, like when hitting the reset button.

my specs:
10.8.2 ML, EX58-UD5, 12Gb ddr3 1333 ram

Now I have installed ML again, clean install with GTX260.
What else can I try to see if the card itself might be faulty?

My smbios is set to MAC PRO 5,1

[h=2]Install Asus GTX 650ti Graphics Card[/h]

1. Need to install NVidia drivers for the 660ti, according to [url]http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/74977-gtx-650-compatibility-mountain-lion-10-8-2-hackintosh-2.html[/URL]
    1. Can’t do this using the MacBook Pro machine identifier that I am using now.
    2. These drivers require Mac Pro 5,1, so I tried the following using MultiBeast at the same time and got a Kernel Panic
      1. Change machine identifier to Mac Pro 5,1
      2. Set graphicsenabler=no
      3. Had to clone hard drive from backup to attempt again using CCC. HOW DO YOU GET PAST A KERNEL ERROR?????
    3. After cloning, just going to set the machine identifier to Mac Pro 5,1 to install nvidia drivers.
      1. Removed com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver from S/L/E (system/library/extensions) from the hard drive OSX is installed on
      2. I set the machine identity to Mac Pro 5,1
      3. Rebooted.
      4. SUCCESS! I think that removing the com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver from S/L/E is a must prior to changing the machine identity or else Kernel Panics are the norm.
      5. Did a reboot after it came up just to be sure and it rebooted no problem.
    4. Installed NVidia Drivers for Mac
      1. Success! Asked to reboot on completion and everything rebooted fine.
    5. Installed NVidia CUDA drivers for MAc
      1. Success! Did not require a reboot, but did one anyway to make sure things were good. Everything was fine.
    6. Set graphicsenabled=no
      1. Success! Machine rebooted and started into OSX with no problems. The resolution was low (800x600 or 1024x768).
      2. Shutdown the computer to install the GTX 650ti
    7. Installed the graphics card.
      1. Success!
    8. Resolution issue - My ASUS PB278 monitor was automatically set to 1080i which resulted in flickering. Changed it to 1080p and flickering stopped.
      1. HOWEVER this monitor supports 2560x1440 and it is not available on the Display Preferences. How do I set it to a higher resolution?
      2. I was using the HDMI 1.4a cable but it seems that it isn’t good enough for a hackintosh. Switched it out to a DVI-D cable and all is well! The Hackintosh automatically switched resolution to 2560x1440. Looks awesome!!

Last edited by a moderator:
[h=2]Install Asus GTX 650ti Graphics Card[/h]

1. Need to install NVidia drivers for the 660ti, according to [url]http://www.tonymacx86.com/buying-advice/74977-gtx-650-compatibility-mountain-lion-10-8-2-hackintosh-2.html[/URL]
    1. Can’t do this using the MacBook Pro machine identifier that I am using now.
    2. These drivers require Mac Pro 5,1, so I tried the following using MultiBeast at the same time and got a Kernel Panic
      1. Change machine identifier to Mac Pro 5,1
      2. Set graphicsenabler=no
      3. Had to clone hard drive from backup to attempt again using CCC. HOW DO YOU GET PAST A KERNEL ERROR?????
    3. After cloning, just going to set the machine identifier to Mac Pro 5,1 to install nvidia drivers.
      1. Removed com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver from S/L/E (system/library/extensions) from the hard drive OSX is installed on
      2. I set the machine identity to Mac Pro 5,1
      3. Rebooted.
      4. SUCCESS! I think that removing the com.apple.driver.AppleTyMCEDriver from S/L/E is a must prior to changing the machine identity or else Kernel Panics are the norm.
      5. Did a reboot after it came up just to be sure and it rebooted no problem.
    4. Installed NVidia Drivers for Mac
      1. Success! Asked to reboot on completion and everything rebooted fine.
    5. Installed NVidia CUDA drivers for MAc
      1. Success! Did not require a reboot, but did one anyway to make sure things were good. Everything was fine.
    6. Set graphicsenabled=no
      1. Success! Machine rebooted and started into OSX with no problems. The resolution was low (800x600 or 1024x768).
      2. Shutdown the computer to install the GTX 650ti
    7. Installed the graphics card.
      1. Success!
    8. Resolution issue - My ASUS PB278 monitor was automatically set to 1080i which resulted in flickering. Changed it to 1080p and flickering stopped.
      1. HOWEVER this monitor supports 2560x1440 and it is not available on the Display Preferences. How do I set it to a higher resolution?
      2. I was using the HDMI 1.4a cable but it seems that it isn’t good enough for a hackintosh. Switched it out to a DVI-D cable and all is well! The Hackintosh automatically switched resolution to 2560x1440. Looks awesome!!

Awesome tutorial, but might I suggest a few tweaks after doing some digging ? I read the nVidia driver page and it says :
nVidia Driver Center said:
•This driver update is for Mac Pro 5,1 (2010), Mac Pro 4,1 (2009) and Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) users only

If this is the case then you should be able to just use MultiBeast's default system definition of MacPro3,1, right ?

just installed a gtx 650 in my build(i3-550,osx 10.8.2)
just had to remove AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and graphicsenabler=no
works great:thumbup:
this card replaced my gt240 card.
but it recognizes the card as nvidia D14P1-30? not gtx 650?

Hi all,
I installed my GTX 650 Ti 2GB and all works fine. Had to install Nvidia drivers and set GraphicsEnabler=No. Everything is perfect except that it doesn't wake from sleep. Computer powers on but screen is pitch black. Tried adding pciroot=1, darkwake=1, but nothing changes. I'm on MacPro3,1 system definition.

Does anybody have there 650 wake from sleep successfully?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back