Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote from the article:

For what little tradition there is, NVIDIA’s x50 parts are traditionally geared towards 1680x1050/1600x900 resolutions. And while NVIDIA is trying to stretch that definition due to the popularity of 1920x1080 monitors, the loss of the ROP/memory cluster all but closes the door on the GTX 650 Ti’s 1080p ambitions. The GTX 650 Ti will be for all intents and purposes NVIDIA’s fastest sub-1080p Kepler card.

You can't possibly believe a 150 dollar current generation kepler graphics would not crunch through 1080p resolution. Do any research at all and you will find it performs just under a gtx 660 which is also an extremely capable gaming card. Even the last generation 550ti supports multiple monitors at 1080p, and is a great entry level gaming card that runs games on med to high settings fairly well.

I see I've inspired you to make this thread :headbang: I know this will get a lot of questions answered and alot of people to help you along the way, even though I may not be on here very often. Anyway, good job and best of luck!

Thanks man, much appreciated. TMX86 crew = best online community in the world IMO

I feel you bro. Well, I gotta go to the Eagles game with some pals, and I'll check the thread later tonight

I have the EVEA 650ti card and it works natively with my hackintosh. My MB is the GA Z77X-UD5H with the Intel i5 3570k. Everything works great with my setup excluding automatic sleep and wake. It goes to sleep without actually turning off the tower, but turns off the monitors. Make sure and get the TP-Link wireless card for native WIFI as well!

You have the new EVGA GTX 560Ti graphics card and it works out of the box? Did you have to install the nvidia drivers?

Quote taken from review of the card on Tom's hardware:

Nvidia's GeForce GTX 650 Ti can't be expected to deliver ample performance beyond 1920x1080, and cards in this class aren't fast enough to accelerate the highest detail settings with anti-aliasing cranked up. So, we're running today's tests at high quality settings without anti-aliasing, and then again again with the feature turned on. In many cases, we're forced to drop the quality preset in order to realize playable frame rates with anti-aliasing turned on.

In this post, some think it is okay to attack the messenger. Just relaying some useful facts that persons interested in purchasing this card may want to know. Attacking me or sounding incredulous as if I do not have a clue about what I am talking about does not change the performance of this graphics card.

If you want an 1080P card at full acceleration and detail, then this is not the card for you. Period, end of discussion!!!

So, nVidia made a card that can't run today's monitors? Ludicrous, it seems. They're even giving away Assigns Creed 3 with it, but I can't use it?! The 650m is running at 2880x1400! Anyone who HAS this card, input PLEASE!! I Thought I could do mild video editing and medium gaming...apparently I can't web-browse in HD!

So, nVidia made a card that can't run today's monitors? Ludicrous, it seems. They're even giving away Assigns Creed 3 with it, but I can't use it?! The 650m is running at 2880x1400! Anyone who HAS this card, input PLEASE!! I Thought I could do mild video editing and medium gaming...apparently I can't web-browse in HD!

Yes, I have been trying to get this point across! This card is meant as an entry level gaming card. It absolutely smokes the previous generation 550ti in benchmarks which is a very popular and capable gaming card. The 550ti I have runs Portal 2 on max settings as well Assassin's Creed II on high settings. Just do a web search of benchmarks. The 650ti DEFINITELY supports 1080p resolution as well as max resolution o[FONT=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]f 2560 x 1600. I am not trying to insult who ever believes otherwise but you are simply wrong. [/FONT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back