Contribute
Register

The GTX 650 Ti Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished installing 10.9 Mavericks on my first hackintosh. Unfortunately it only boots (any mode) when my 650 Ti Boost is unplugged...anyone know how to get it working on Mavericks? There aren't any nvidia drivers, I tried downloading the latest ML driver but it the installer said it can't install on 10.9.

Already deleted appletymcedriver in single mode using:

mount -uw /
rm -rf /system/library/extensions/appletymcedriver.kext
exit

Attached two pictures, one normal one safe mode.
IMG_0641.jpgIMG_0640.jpg
Thanks!

Hey.

I recently purchased a GTX 650 TI 2 gb (which is supposed to work OOB), and unfortunately its not working perfectly. I was upgrading my GTS 250 which was recognized by the system info but was not giving me acceleration or ability to change resolution.

I installed this new card, and disabled graphics enabler in chameleon wizard and rebooted. The system generically identified the card as an nvidia w. 3 mb of vram. When i turned graphics enabler = yes, it recognized the card but reports 0 mb of vram. I don't have any graphics card injectors. I don't see any DSDT edits for my build so I don't know why either card is giving me so much trouble when plenty of people report these cards work OOB. I am currently running Maverick 10.9.0

Anyone have any ideas how to get this working?! This is very frustrating. thanks.

Specs:
Asus p8p67 pro rev 3.1
i7-2600k 3.4 ghz
EVGA Nvidia gtx 650 ti 2 gb ram (formerly evga nvidia gts 250 512 mb)
8 gb ram

Just installed my ASUS GTX 650 ti onto my Gigagbyte Z87M-D3H motherboard. All I did was plug it in, connected my monitors and booted up. At first I had a black screen during boot up, but once Mavericks loaded both monitors popped up. No configuring. System working great. Got about 60fps on Tomb Raider with all settings at maximum. Then, like a dummy, I thought I'd disable the intel graphics and see if I got a performance increase. The system booted back into Mavericks but after a minute, it froze. Rebooted. Same thing. Went back into the BIOS, re-enabled the Intel Graphics and everything works great again. I see no benefit to disabling the internal graphics so I'm just leaving it. I still get the bios screen on start-up with my monitors connected to the 650ti. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I am in the process of picking out parts for my Hackintosh and I was wondering how easy it is to get the GTX 650 TI to work on Mavericks.

I am in the process of picking out parts for my Hackintosh and I was wondering how easy it is to get the GTX 650 TI to work on Mavericks.

Yes, I believe all 6xx series cards work natively on Mavericks.

Hello everyone,
Recently I'm experiencing issues with my GTX 650 Ti 1G.
It's been working fine for a year but since OS X 10.9.5 update, I get some kind of driver problem.
As example on Photoshop, there's no longer GPU options available:
Capture d’écran 2014-10-02 à 14.37.46.png
It says GPU driver error, update or reinstall.
But the graphics card has been working natively all along...
I also get some glitched icons or no icons at all in menus and desktop:
Capture d’écran 2014-10-02 à 14.43.55.png
Capture d’écran 2014-10-02 à 14.44.30.png
Does anyone know what could be going on?

Thank you! :)

Latest update: I pulled out my gtx 580 and replaced with a Zotec gtx650 ti Amp! 2gb Edition and it works perfectly well on my hackintosh running 10.10.5 Yosemite. I got about the same score on opengl benchmark using Cinebench R15. Score of 71.70 which beats the quadro 4000. System info shows 0 ram but Premiere Pro cc and davinci resolve 12 runs flawlessly. A good cheap capable card. Runs so cool compared to my gtx 580.
my system is a h61M i7 3770 processor non overclocked.

Ive had an EVGA GTX 650 for a while now and recently the fan has started to get extremely loud. Im pretty sure its going bad. Does anyone know what size fan it takes and have any suggestions on a replacement for it?

Hi i have Gigabyte GTX 650Ti, i tried El Capitan hackintosh but i had problem with resolution OS was only worked with 800x600 as native, and doesn't allow me to change resolution settings while i had installed Nvidia Webdriver. What i missed there? Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back