Intel Core i7-4930K
Graphics
Radeon R9 280X 3GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Good morning Everybody,
I'm going crazy, I've to create my first hackintosh, I'm a Mac user, but I just don't have the money for a new one...
So, I'm a Video editor searching for the right GPU for the machine. Unlike Adobe Premiere, Final cut pro x uses OpenCL (if i'm no mistaken) so a Radeon GPU should be better for the job. The questions:
- Can I use a R9 280x in a build?
- Is Mavericks optimized for OpenCL or CUDA?
Thanks in advance, But those are just the first 2 questions, more in the next episode...

Good morning Everybody,
I'm going crazy, I've to create my first hackintosh, I'm a Mac user, but I just don't have the money for a new one...
So, I'm a Video editor searching for the right GPU for the machine. Unlike Adobe Premiere, Final cut pro x uses OpenCL (if i'm no mistaken) so a Radeon GPU should be better for the job. The questions:
- Can I use a R9 280x in a build?
- Is Mavericks optimized for OpenCL or CUDA?
Thanks in advance, But those are just the first 2 questions, more in the next episode...
A lot of users have struggled with the 280x and the 290x the 270x works good from what I've read nvidia works almost always oob with the osx native drivers in mavericks

have a look at the buyers guide

Thanks for the reply, but in the buyers guide, there aren't any radeon GPU, if i'm not mistaken.
Can some one tell me if this card can be installed in a PC motherboard?

http://www.amazon.it/dp/B00BT8SOHI/?tag=tonymacx86com-21

Tanks a lot for the patience!
Yes, it can be installed in a PC. The PCIe standard is same in Mac and a PC. Since it was made for a Mac it will likely work OOB. I once had a pair of the Mac GT120 cards in a build and both worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back