Contribute
Register

The Future of Hackintosh via Intel Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if Apple decides to use its own CPUs for Macs, kicking Intel out... The cost is too high though...
Thanks for your response LukeD. You know, there has been speculation in the past about that very thing. I don't think that it will happen soon, but there is still that possibility.

Thanks for your response LukeD. You know, there has been speculation in the past about that very thing. I don't think that it will happen soon, but there is still that possibility.

Well, I think this will happen soon. I think A10 core is called A10 Fusion for that specific reason. In 2016/2017, A10 Fusion or A10X might be used in new iPads and fanless Macbooks. This would be good news because its A10 Fusion core is already faster and more energy efficient than Intel Core m CPUs. But Intel might still keep the mid- and high-end Mac CPU market, as Apple cannot compete yet.

The question is, would Apple A cores support x86 instructions (not very probable) or would Mac gradually adopt ARM instructions, and become iPads with macOS?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back