Graphics
GTX 650
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
What the article is saying is that Windows versions earlier than Windows 10 will not be supported.

And :

nothing is precluding Apple from buying the chips for Macs

So to answer your question "What is your opinion on how this will affect our hackintosh community ?"

Probably not very much.

Why worry about what Microsoft is doing ? If you have to still run Win 7 or 8.1 simply use
Skylake or older hardware and it's no problem.

Why worry about what Microsoft is doing ? If you have to still run Win 7 or 8.1 simply use
Skylake or older hardware and it's no problem.

I was just concerned because of the mandate regarding the new chips, I didn't want to be limited to Skylake cpus, even though Skylake is great.

I tried edit the post, but it wouldn't let me. Because it could be misinterpreted, I want to rephrase the question. Basically, I was asking, "Would this mandate that Microsoft is imposing on CPU manufacturers to only support Windows 10 on the Kabylake processors impede, or make it difficult for the hackintosh community from using Kabylake for hackintoshing?"

I tried edit the post, but it wouldn't let me. Because it could be misinterpreted, I want to rephrase the question. Basically, I was asking, "Would this mandate that Microsoft is imposing on CPU manufacturers to only support Windows 10 on the Kabylake processors impede, or make it difficult for the hackintosh community from using Kabylake for hackintoshing?"

It does not mean that other manufacturers will not be able to use the processor, it just means that Windows versions earlier than Windows 10 will not be able to use it.
If Apple release a Mac with those processors they will be supported in OS X.

What Microsoft does has no affect on what Apple does.

Microsoft has nothing to do with Apple. Mac OS will only run on KabyLake if Apple releases a Mac with KabyLake Processors. But Windows 10 will most likely run on KabyLake anyway as of Open Source Developers.

Ok, thanks everyone for the clarification.

Only if Apple decides to use its own CPUs for Macs, kicking Intel out... The cost is too high though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back