Contribute
Register

The FireWire 800/400 card to own for 100% compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks. I ended up buying Delock 89153 instead, as it was easier to find in the EU and also cheap. So far this delock card seems to work fine with my HP 8300 elite with sierra and my MOTU 828 interface.
Good to know. If I can't get the Syba to work, I'll give that one a try.

hello, does anyone have ssdt or any solution to modify name in PCI report?
I have activated FixFirewire in Clover / Acpi but the name is pci1002 ... thanks in advance

I am having serious issues no matter what I do:

I have a UA satellite Quad Firewire interface and have been trying to get it to work by:

SYBA SD to firewire (Kernel Panic)
Thunderbolt 3->Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter->Thunderbolt to firewire adapter->UAD

Everything I try hits a KP right at boot ( Referencing the m.audio driver us the issue). Anyone here could point me in the right direction?

I am having serious issues no matter what I do:

I have a UA satellite Quad Firewire interface and have been trying to get it to work by:

SYBA SD to firewire (Kernel Panic)
Thunderbolt 3->Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter->Thunderbolt to firewire adapter->UAD

Everything I try hits a KP right at boot ( Referencing the m.audio driver us the issue). Anyone here could point me in the right direction?
I know this is very late as an answer but it might help others - I have two SYBA cards working very reliably in two different hackintoshes, but both the audio interfaces they connect to are self-powered and so not drawing much if any power via firewire. If I was getting KP's the power draw, the PCIe lane power supply (varies from board to board and also depends on what else you have plugged into other PCIe slots), your power supply and the conditioning of your power and trying to get the peripheral to be self-powered would be my top priority. For eg changing which PCIe lane you have it connected to might be worth a shot.

A very recent find, which I have NOT yet tested is the DIGITUS 3x FW800 card which has a molex power connector with one of the FW800 ports being internal - I'm trying to put a Presonus Firestudio into a 5.25" drive bay on a rack mounted hackintosh and wanted the internal port for neatness. I'm hoping the molex power will help the Firestudio run off bus power - but at the same time I won't be surprised if I get problems as I had all manner of problems with real mac's firewire for years - mostly because despite Apple supplying multiple ports they typically all run off the same internal bus.

If using Clover see what happens with 'Fix Firewire" set to "No" or unticked as this is trying to fix a problems you may not have and so creating a problem that may not be there!

Lastly if you're here because you want to do audio work and need reliable and stable Firewire I can't recommend going the OpenCore route strongly enough - not because it does anything specific for Firewire, but because it's such a solid platform for MacOS to operate as intended.
cheers

One more voice for Syba SD-PEX30009. I have it installed now on a multiboot HP 8300 Elite SFF with High Sierra and Win10. It worked like a charm OOB for High Sierra. For Win10 I ended up using the Microsoft driver and not the recommended one from the manufacturer. I use the card with Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 with no problems at all.

Last edited:
Can confirm that Kalea-Informatique PCI-E (FW400 + 2x FW800) card works out of the box under Yosemite and Mojave. Chipset is TI XI02213BZAY. 35 Euro on amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back