Contribute
Register

The FireWire 800/400 card to own for 100% compatibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tnx....Will Try this card.And firewire fix flag in clover didnt work either.
Wishing you the best of luck, though you probably wont need the luck as the PEX30009 is a sweet little card for hackintoshes :D

Thanks Guys,
Bought Syba SD-PEX30009 : plug & play , no tweaks !
Works like a charm with my Presonus firebox, and with my DV camera too. (macOS 10.13.2 (17C205))
Best
Philippe

Aaaaaaaa, I'm really happy that this thread is finally being filled with positive posts of success :D I hope that anyone coming to this forum post will have lots of encouragement that you can have decent firewire hackintosh support.

Hi everyone.
I purchased the Syba SD-PEX30009
The card sees my Firewire DVD burner ONLY if I startup the hackintosh with the DVD plugged in and switched on.
If I try to attach the DVD to the firewire port after boot the DVD is not mounted.
The card is present in IOReg though and the driver loaded.
Do you have the same issue?
How can I fix that?
Does it have to be patched?
What address does it have in your IOREg?

Thanks for your help.

Just out of curiosity, I have ordered 2 of the SD-PEX30009 cards, which supposedly have the TI XIO2213AZAY chip. I ordered one from Amazon, and one from Newegg. Both product photos showed the correct AZAY chip, but when I received them, they had the BZAY chip. Has anyone else noticed this?

Neither worked in my setup (with the BZAY chip). In BIOS, they were recognized, but High Sierra did not recognize them under the firewire cards. I am trying to find the one with the AZAY chip (I read this is the one that works) if anyone can recommend how to get one?

***Edit
I reached out to Syba and they confirmed they are now manufacturing these with the newer TI BZAY chip.
Has anyone had any luck with the BZAY chip in their hackintosh?

Last edited:
can confirm that this card worked perfectly in my build (home studio recording computer). i tried another firewire pci card (a hp515182-001) that didn't work with firewire audio.

hp 8300 sff (q77, i5 3570), 16gb ram upgrade
msi geforce gt710
startech pex1394b3lp
apogee duet firewire (audio interface)

So I've installed the new firewire card (SYBA PEX30009) and I can very happily confirm that it works OOB as is supported natively with my 300 series mobo (Gigabyte GA Z370M D3H). My previous power management woes (inability to sleep, and shutdown causing reboot) that I had with the Startech card are completely gone :)

Audio output is perfect. I've installed it in the PCIe 1x and have not noticed any lag or glitching with my external audio interface, the Focusrite Saffire Pro 40.

So happy to finally have an OSX system that supports such lovely PCIe cards, NVMe, simple multi-booting, water cooling and a shmexy case!

Hello! I got this card too, and i just succeeded to run my first OS system (really sweating), my question is, there is some kind of post installation to let the system see the card? The PCI report tell me that there's no pci card inserted...maybe i lost some necessary passage? thank you in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back