Contribute
Register

The EZ 8000 - Core 2 Duo E8400 - Affordable CustoMac Media Center

Status
Not open for further replies.
El Capitan USB can only be made with Clover or Enoch not Chimera.
Only those two bootloaders, Enoch/Clover, can be used post install on the El Capitan drive.
Okay, and any boot args to use?

Last edited by a moderator:
hp8000CMTsierra.jpeg

I now have installed Sierra with working iMessage and sound with none of the issues I had with ElCapitan I will look at getting a build guide when I can but it is very similar to this guide https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...lite-8000-8100-8200-8300-other-models.186726/. and Helped by the Ez 8000 guide you're reading, thanks guys!

Happy Hacking

Good work finchyid. Write up your guide for Sierra on the HP 8000 if you have some time to do so. Many would be interested in that for sure.

Just installed Security Update 2017-003 and I no longer have USB devices. This is usually resolved by remove AppleHPET.kext from /S/L/E, but I don't see it there. Any thoughts?

Hello all, I just started reading this thread and realized that there are 37 pages to go through. So I apologize if this has been asked already. I coincidentally bought a refurb HP Elite 8000 and added 16 GB Ram and a 3 TB Hard drive. I was originally going to use it to learn Linux. But then my mac mini sounds like it's about to die so I thought this would be fun.

My first question is: Is the upgrade of the graphics card necessary or can I use the one that's integrated that it comes with?

Again, apologize if this has been asked already.

My first question is: Is the upgrade of the graphics card necessary or can I use the one that's integrated that it comes with?
It depends on if your processor has supported integrated graphics (not likely with a Core 2 Duo) or if you have a supported graphics card. Post #1 has suggestions for suitable graphics cards.

The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you

Last edited:
Hey Pilgrim. Please excuse a complete newbie to computer parts and building etc...... I did download the Technical Reference for the HP Compaq Elite 8000 series and honestly, I really am not sure what is the motherboard. I was going to log into Windows and see if I can get any information from msconfig32. But my proudly dual boot Ubuntu and Windows is now broken..... :(

Anyway, I'll try and describe my best what I have and hopefully one of you can tell what's what so I can put it correctly on my profile.

I know that it's an Intel Core 2 Duo. The rest I got from the Technical reference. If it helps, it's the Small Form Factor of the 8000 Elite Series. It says it has Intel Q45 Express chipset - Includes Q45 GMCH and 82801 ICH10-DO (is this the motherboard?) Also, it has an ALC261 audio controller supporting line in, line out, microphone in, and headphones out and an Intel 82567LM GbE network interface controller. Graphics, it says it is a Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 4500 (integrated graphics controller).

I hope I'm picking out the correct information from the Technical reference. It's all French to me, but hey, I want to learn and I got to start somewhere.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back