Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I was not able to get it working with activated iGPU. Anyway, just a very little sacrifice... for me its more important that everything it working.

I was not able to get it working with activated iGPU. Anyway, just a very little sacrifice... for me its more important that everything it working.
Sure, fully agree.

That said, turning the iGPU off in BIOS did not fix the issue fully for me - Netflix is still unable to play on Safari. The error is now different though - the browser does not fulfill the minimum requirements. Need to dig into this more...

@ModMike,

I have a Bluetooth USB for my Magic Mouse, and its very laggy.
In the "about this Mac" my CPU is i9 but I have i7.

My motherboard is the ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

See Attachments.

Pls help me.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-13 um 13.02.31.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2019-10-13 um 13.02.31.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
@ModMike,

I have a Bluetooth USB for my Magic Mouse, and its very laggy.
In the "about this Mac" my CPU is i9 but I have i7.

My motherboard is the ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING

See Attachments.

Pls help me.

Thank you.
From @trankilou above regarding Bluetooth, also make sure your antenna is connected.

Bluetooth range is a bit short. I need to keep my speaker literally within 50cm from the antenna
qassaa said:
- Bluetooth range is a bit short. I need to keep my speaker literally within 50cm from the antenna
See my post about this issue. Try to be connected to a 5GHz WiFi and the range of your BT should increase. You can check level (dam) using "alt" when clicking on BT in the top menu

You will need to adjust your symbols to an iMac 18,3 from 19,1 I believe to have your CPU information show correctly. You can use Clover Configurator to make the change, log out of iCloud first.

From @trankilou above regarding Bluetooth, also make sure your antenna is connected.

Bluetooth range is a bit short. I need to keep my speaker literally within 50cm from the antenna

See my post about this issue. Try to be connected to a 5GHz WiFi and the range of your BT should increase. You can check level (dam) using "alt" when clicking on BT in the top menu

You will need to adjust your symbols to an iMac 18,3 from 19,1 I believe to have your CPU information show correctly. You can use Clover Configurator to make the change, log out of iCloud first.

I have turned of the 2.4GHz WiFi but no success, I have a USB-Bluetooth Adapter I don't have any antennas.

I changed my SMBOIS to 18,3 and also no success, my CPU is i7 9700K.

Thanks

I have turned of the 2.4GHz WiFi but no success, I have a USB-Bluetooth Adapter I don't have any antennas.

I changed my SMBOIS to 18,3 and also no success, my CPU is i7 9700K.

Thanks
Don't know what to tell you about your Bluetooth adapter. It's not a function of the OS if its got a weak signal, that's all on the device itself.
There are no Mac models that use that CPU, the closest is an iMac 19,2 which uses a i7-8700. You could try that and see if it makes a difference. If not maybe someone else has a suggestion but I'm out of ideas.

Sure, fully agree.

That said, turning the iGPU off in BIOS did not fix the issue fully for me - Netflix is still unable to play on Safari. The error is now different though - the browser does not fulfill the minimum requirements. Need to dig into this more...

Have u set your SMBIOS to iMacPro? For me NETFLIX is working flawless in the browser.
Screenshot 2019-10-13 at 22.29.01.png

Don't know what to tell you about your bluetooth adapter, it's not a function of the OS if its got a weak signal, that's all on the device itself.
There are no Mac models that use that CPU, the closest is an iMac 19,2 which uses a i7-8700. You could try that and see if it makes a difference. If not maybe someone else has a suggestion but I'm out of ideas.

I changed the CPU Name manually in the AppleSystemInfo.rtf because Apple don't have a i7 9700K in their devices.

But thank you

There are three M.2 ports on this board.

Which means that three M.2 SSD's could be hooked up to it.

What happens to the standard SATA ports when these ports are used?

The manual stated something about SATA port 2 being disabled, but what is the full explanation.

There are three M.2 ports on this board.

Which means that three M.2 SSD's could be hooked up to it.

What happens to the standard SATA ports when these ports are used?

The manual stated something about SATA port 2 being disabled, but what is the full explanation.
Which board are you asking about, the one in this thread only has two usable M.2 ports for storage. There is a third slot on the IO Back Panel but its for the CNVi/ Wireless Bluetooth Card.
Anandtech said this about the boards SATA/M2 setup but didn't mention any limitations.

"On the storage front, the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming has four straight-angled SATA ports which have support for RAID 0, 1, 5 and 10 arrays. On the front of the board is an M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 slot which has the benefit of an included heatsink. The second slot is located on the rear of the board and has support for M.2 PCIe 3.0 x4 drives, with both slots offering support for M.2 2280 drives. It is worth noting that if an M.2 drive is installed into M.2_1 and is running in SATA mode, it automatically disables the SATA_2 port."

gaming 1.png

Last edited:
Back