Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I've got a extremely low geekbench score running.

1296 = Single-Core Score
6195 = Multi-Core Score

Obviously, I expected less running a i5 but something is wrong here. Any ideas?

Z390-I
i5-9600K
Ballistix Sport LT 32GB
Geek Bench 5 scores are considerably lower than Geek Bench 4. You can see comparable benchmarks on their website. Bet yours is right in line with similar models.

If you don't trust my EFI, just format a USB stick to Fat-32, drop the EFI on it, and boot from USB. If it works, you know what to do.

I'm not even sure why they are named like that, or why they are even there. Memory fails me, I will investigate.

I used your EFI it worked great initially easiest hackintosh I have seen yet.

Those 2 files are from Clover auto-patching but what I don't understand is that one seems to be related to laptop batteries. If this works, it means one of them is interfering with the BRCM firmware upload.

I would do some testing but am in the middle of building my sons rig. Will look into later but in the meantime let us know if this solution fixes your issue.

I was reading the Rehabman documentation, and he mentioned the kext completes the firmware update process when it’s loaded or something to that degree. I was under the impression DW1560 operates under USB and read under another page that DSDT is not needed so I was just trying it. To be clear when I say it worked, I mean the card initialized/ loaded the firmware which it wasn’t before. I didn’t try pairing anything and WiFi always worked. I don’t do hackintosh regularly so I wasn’t sure what the DSDT did or if it’s needed which is why I put it back.

Hi guys, I have a problem with the sleep function. If you select stop and I press a key immediately after, the PC works. If I press stop instead and let a few hours pass, the PC does not start working again. How do I solve it?

Hello, I am updating to this system platform, but when trying to download DGPU-EFI.zip from the first post, the page and file cannot be located. Where can I obtain the DGPU-EFI.zip? Thanks!

Stupid me...I was clicking the inline reference to the file in the dialogue section. Using the link at the end of the guide works. Sorry!

Last edited:
Hello, I am updating to this system platform, but when trying to download DGPU-EFI.zip from the first post, the page and file cannot be located. Where can I obtain the DGPU-EFI.zip? Thanks!
Worked for me, maybe try again.

Hi!
Here is my EFI. My problem is that Hackintosh wakes up immediately if bluetooth devices are connected, without them (if wired mouse and keyboard are connected or the option ,,don't allow bluetooth devices to wake up) - works great.
My hack is nearly identical as yours.
8700k, rx 580 sapph, 2x16gb crucial ballistix, z390-i rog strix, dw1560. I attached my EFI, thanks for your help!
p.s its Mojave not Catalina :)
p.s2. in terminal i have ,,sharingd'' but if I have unmarked ,,allow bt devies to wake up" it works anyway so its not the main reason
1569869185738.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    21.6 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi!
Here is my EFI. My problem is that Hackintosh wakes up immediately if bluetooth devices are connected, without them (if wired mouse and keyboard are connected or the option ,,don't allow bluetooth devices to wake up) - works great.
My hack is nearly identical as yours.
8700k, rx 580 sapph, 2x16gb crucial ballistix, z390-i rog strix, dw1560. I attached my EFI, thanks for your help!
p.s its Mojave not Catalina :)
I don't have that board anymore but when I did I bought it because of the success ModMike reported and I used his EFI folders to get started. After looking at your EFIs I can tell you aren't using his because you are missing some key drivers, have kexts installed you do not need and your config.plist is totally different. Any easy fix should be to sign out of iCloud and then download ModMike's Mojave DGPU EFI, replace yours (make a copy is your want to your desktop) and reboot. It should help.

I don't have that board anymore but when I did I bought it because of the success ModMike reported and I used his EFI folders to get started. After looking at your EFIs I can tell you aren't using his because you are missing some key drivers, have kexts installed you do not need and your config.plist is totally different. Any easy fix should be to sign out of iCloud and then download ModMike's Mojave DGPU EFI, replace yours (make a copy is your want to your desktop) and reboot. It should help.

Bro I swapped the EFI, everything is working except sleep mode, it wakes up immediately...

Bro I swapped the EFI, everything is working except sleep mode, it wakes up immediately...

Sleep/ Wake issues are usually related to USB and how it is implemented. There have been a couple other users who struggled with the same issue and I'm not sure ever resolved it. Do you have Wake from Lan disabled in the bios and in system preferences Energy Saver? Also look at what you have hooked up to the machine, that can be the cause of sleep issues.

Sleep/ Wake issues are usually related to USB and how it is implemented. There have been a couple other users who struggled with the same issue and I'm not sure ever resolved it. Do you have Wake from Lan disabled in the bios and in system preferences Energy Saver? Also look at what you have hooked up to the machine, that can be the cause of sleep issues.

I made a test. I unplugged ethernet, usb devices and it waked up again.. Next test I plugged everything but I turned off the bluetooth and it was working perfect.. damn it The problem is in this fcking bluetooth... It works the same like in the my previous clover...

Back