Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hi Leesureone,

Thank you so much! That did the trick for me! Happy days.
At first I thougt it was heading south again when there was a restart, but I then selected Run Install from EVO (my hard disk) and then it worked!

There are 2 things left, do you mind helping me out...?

At install, I skipped the internet section. I have this nice shark fin thing that came with the motherboard for WiFi, is there a way to get it to work with this Hackintosh? It was not in the guide...

Is it like this:

And, is there a way to skip the clover menu at startup? It is not much of a big deal to hit enter to 'launch macOs from EVO'.
But, if there is a workaround, that would be nice.

Looking forward to your reply and once again. Thanks!!
1. There is a bunch of information in the guide explaining how to enable WiFi and bluetooth. You would need to replace the intel card it came with, lots of posts in this forum in regards to that.
2. Clover is what allows your hack to run Mojave, unless you are really familiar with what is going on behind the curtain hiding the boot screen is probably not a good idea. It’s typically the first thing to leverage to trouble shoot any issues you may encounter down the road and if you dual boot, like many of us, it’s a welcome sight and it’s customizable.

That being said I know there is a way in the Open Core bootloader but I don’t know how or if it’s possble in Clover.

Update: I used the SPOILER: "Repair" section and repaired my EFI. And I'm rocking! very far along! I have installed Mojave on my .m2 and now I am in the configuring continuity section. I realize this will sound stupid but I cant seem to find the config.plist selection in Clover. Must be doing something wrong here...
You have to mount the EFI partition first then open/ edit your config.plist

You have to mount the EFI partition first then open/ edit your config.plist
I apologize by the noobocity of this quetsion but how do you open/edit your config.plist?

I apologize by the noobocity of this quetsion but how do you open/edit your config.plist?
Using Clover Configurator is one way...use it’s to mount the EFI partition and then navigate to it and chose “open with”

1. There is a bunch of information in the guide explaining how to enable WiFi and bluetooth. You would need to replace the intel card it came with, lots of posts in this forum in regards to that.
2. Clover is what allows your hack to run Mojave, unless you are really familiar with what is going on behind the curtain hiding the boot screen is probably not a good idea. It’s typically the first thing to leverage to trouble shoot any issues you may encounter down the road and if you dual boot, like many of us, it’s a welcome sight and it’s customizable.

That being said I know there is a way in the Open Core bootloader to do what you are asking no but I don’t know if it’s possble in Clover.

Thanks once again! I guess I'll stick with this Clover boot screen thingy. It is not much of a deal. I had another look at the guide. The shark tail I mentioned is a sort of antenna, and the real modification is inside the mobo (obviously...) So I ordered the WiFi Bluetooth replacement mentioned in the guide.

Next question (they just keep coming):

Now that I am getting a bit familiar with Hackintosh. Is it possible to swap the i5 with i9 without a fresh install?

Looking forward to your reply!

The shark tail is the antenna you are going to need for either WiFi/ Bluetooth card, were you unclear on that? Yes you can swap processors without reinstalling.

Using Clover Configurator is one way...use it’s to mount the EFI partition and then navigate to it and chose “open with”.
Thank you! This totally worked! I am up and running! Woo hoo!!

One small issue occurred, In the process I accidentally loaded two EFIs onto my M.2 disk (called CRX).

In the BIOS I only have one boot option. I choose my 500GB M.2.

The 500GB M.2 is called “CRX”.

When Clover starts, I weirdly have two options.

One says “install Mojave from CRX” and “boot Mojave from CRX”. Of course I choose the latter. But I want to eliminate the option of choosing the first.

Clover doesn’t show a second EFI folder or disk.

Any ideas where this hidden Mojave’s install is? (Note: this is with my install USB ejected) Where I should look for this Mojave’s install to remove? It would be nice to not always have to choose every time I open my machine (tho it wouldn’t be the worst date if I had to always do that).

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

B

I'm using this build since more or less six months now, and I'm really happy about it ...
EXCEPT... it is really slow to boot, I mean many times slower than Windows or Linux partition, even on NVMe SSD, I already tried deleting NVRAM but no luck... here is my boot log. hope someone can help me.

Thanks.

Attachments

• bootlog.txt
    154.1 KB · Views: 65
The link for IGPU-EFI.zip doesn't work anymore... is it possible to upload this again? Thanks

Back