Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Are you sure the solution is @ the EFI? I used the one from the guide. Or try the other one attached, I found it a few pages back...
Thanks man. Still same issue. :( I just finished re-installing.. same issue.

Have you had the same behaviour using DGPU-EFI from the guide?
Yeah. I just reinstalled Mojave and still...
I also used your EFI, and it is set to 16GB...with 16GB wired memory is only at 2-3GB... when I set the RAM using Clover at SMBIOS, 32GB was recognized but wired memory is taking 18-20GB.

Don’t know what to do next. :(

Thanks man.. still same issue :( i just finished re installing.. same issue
Well it's not the install that's causing it then I guess... I am no expert at this because it was my first build... I short the BIOS, set up BIOS according to guide, updated my SSD, booted in verbose, first half from install was from USB, after reboot went to install from hard disk....

Yeah. I just reinstalled Mojave and still...
I also used your EFI, and it is set to 16GB...with 16GB wired memory is only at 2-3GB... when I set the RAM using Clover at SMBIOS, 32GB was recognized but wired memory is taking 18-20GB.

Don’t know what to do next. :(
I have 16 GB memory (2 x 8GB) and therefore can't reproduce your issue.
Schermafbeelding 2019-09-04 om 21.00.34.png

16GbB total memory does not have the issue you are describing. Maybe others in this thread could help you.

I have 16 GB memory (2 x 8GB) and therefore can't reproduce your issue.
View attachment 424530
16Gb total memory does not have the issue you are describing. Maybe others in this thread could help you.
Any chance you can show me where to edit the RAM values of config via text editor and not via Clover? I’ll try again.. if it fails, i will reset my mobo. Thanks again for your support.

Well it's not the install that's causing it then I guess... I am no expert at this because it was my first build... I short the BIOS, set up BIOS according to guide, updated my ssd, booted in verbose, first half from install was from USB, after reboot went to install from hard disk....
Yeah.. will try few more things if not i will reset my mobo..

I use latest BIOS (Version 2417), and the latest Intel ME (Version 12.0.39.1431_S) without issues. Which EFI do you use? You also need to boot with -v (verbose) to see the boot log to have a better understanding what's going on.
I use dGPU-EFI.

How do I boot in -v ?

I use latest BIOS (Version 2417), and the latest Intel ME (Version 12.0.39.1431_S) without issues. Which EFI do you use? You also need to boot with -v (verbose) to see the boot log to have a better understanding what's going on.
How dose one boot with -v?

Hi Leesureone,

Thank you so much! That did the trick for me! Happy days.
At first I thougt it was heading south again when there was a restart, but I then selected Run Install from EVO (my hard disk) and then it worked!

There are 2 things left, do you mind helping me out...?

At install, I skipped the internet section. I have this nice shark fin thing that came with the motherboard for WiFi, is there a way to get it to work with this Hackintosh? It was not in the guide...

Is it like this:

And, is there a way to skip the clover menu at startup? It is not much of a big deal to hit enter to 'launch macOs from EVO'.
But, if there is a workaround, that would be nice.

Looking forward to your reply and once again. Thanks!!
1. There is a bunch of information in the guide explaining how to enable WiFi and bluetooth. You would need to replace the intel card it came with, lots of posts in this forum in regards to that.
2. Clover is what allows your hack to run Mojave, unless you are really familiar with what is going on behind the curtain hiding the boot screen is probably not a good idea. It’s typically the first thing to leverage to trouble shoot any issues you may encounter down the road and if you dual boot, like many of us, it’s a welcome sight and it’s customizable.

That being said I know there is a way in the Open Core bootloader to do what you are asking no but I don’t know if it’s possble in Clover.

Have you had the same behaviour using DGPU-EFI from the guide?
Update: I used the SPOILER: "Repair" section and repaired my EFI. And I'm rocking! very far along! I have installed Mojave on my .m2 and now I am in the configuring continuity section. I realize this will sound stupid but I cant seem to find the config.plist selection in Clover. Must be doing something wrong here...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.31.38 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.31.38 PM.png
    175 KB · Views: 44
  • Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.25.42 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-09-04 at 10.25.42 PM.png
    275.3 KB · Views: 41
Back