Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

When I go to the App store to download Mojave, it doesn't give me the option of downloading the installer. It only offers to install it on my HD. Is this what I should do? Or install to the USB drive?
If you already downloaded it once and its still in your applications folder delete and try again. If not go through with the option to install on your hard drive and once downloaded close the install window and Install Mojave should be in your applications folder.

Oh, the machine I am using is still Sierra. Is it preferable to upgrade to Mojave first?

Thank you for this guide. I will be following this and build my own. Just a quick question, how do you control the RGB lights in the RAM, Fans, and Graphics? Does Z390-I have it in the BIOS? I read the G.Skill RAM does not retain after a reboot. I want to be able to set it in BIOS, or worse case boot into Windows once just to set it. (Will this be retained forever?)

Thanks!

Amazing guide

I'm a total Hackintosh and PC building novice.

Everything works for me, bluetooth, wifi, handoff - the works!

Although...

Initially minor thing (which I'm assuming is a Clover problem?) it doesn't timeout and load the LastBootVolume, in fact it selects (but doesn't boot) my windows install on the other drive instead and I have to move to OSX manually.

Would be good to fix it, but wasn't a real problem, until...

Final Cut Pro wouldn't load
To fix this I followed the advice from @timbalong here and changed the Primary Display to iGPU, it works great now.

But this means the Clover Boot menu is hidden as I'm on the wrong GPU (not really a huge issue) but with the other issue I'm having I have to blindly press across to OSX and press enter on it!

So my question:
I'm fine with not being able to see the Clover menu without switching the display across to the other GPU (quite like it actually)
But how do I make sure it loads the Last Booted Volume (after the shortest time possible) but also allow myself to occasionally switch into my windows install on the other drive when I need to?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Amazing guide

I'm a total Hackintosh and PC building novice.

Everything works for me, bluetooth, wifi, handoff - the works!

Although...

Initially minor thing (which I'm assuming is a Clover problem?) it doesn't timeout and load the LastBootVolume, in fact it selects (but doesn't boot) my windows install on the other drive instead and I have to move to OSX manually.

Would be good to fix it, but wasn't a real problem, until...

Final Cut Pro wouldn't load
To fix this I followed the advice from @timbalong here and changed the Primary Display to iGPU, it works great now.

But this means the Clover Boot menu is hidden as I'm on the wrong GPU (not really a huge issue) but with the other issue I'm having I have to blindly press across to OSX and press enter on it!

So my question:
I'm fine with not being able to see the Clover menu without switching the display across to the other GPU (quite like it actually)
But how do I make sure it loads the Last Booted Volume (after the shortest time possible) but also allow myself to occasionally switch into my windows install on the other drive when I need to?

Thanks!
Your question can be resolved editing the boot options in your config.plist. See link below for more information, its easiest to use Clover Configurator or Xcode to make the changes vs. a plist editor.

Thanks @Leesureone

I saw that, but couldn't really make sense of the approach they were taking.

This is what my boot settings currently look like, should this work in theory?
Screenshot 2019-09-02 at 19.33.19.png

Thanks @Leesureone

I saw that, but couldn't really make sense of the approach they were taking.

This is what my boot settings currently look like, should this work in theory?View attachment 424211
It should work, you can also type in the name of the drive Mojave is installed on instead and it will always boot osx.

Same as before, tougher if you can't see the boot menu. I'd set the timer to 5 seconds so you have more time to toggle to windows wherever it is. So are you using Discreet graphics and can't see the boot menu because in the bios primary display is set to IGPU? Then is OSX it picks up the graphics card?

Back