Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Tried to hackintosh using this guide few weeks ago and stopped at display off before any installation screen......exhausted trying to attempt hackintosh......now decided to give another try again......
Same screen off after verbose.....RGB in cpu is still glowing though.....

Any Fixes for me...... I Don't want to quit hackintoshing my first build.......

Thanks to @ModMike ..... finally able to install macOS and found a problem for black screen after verbose.

The problem I found was that HDMI and DisplayPorts are getting switched off..... I borrowed A Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti graphics card from my friend..... when connected to HDMI to graphics card, display came.....and installed os easily...

....Internet is working, mounted EFI to destination hard drive, everything is good.... but iGPU is not working I think....Under graphics its showing.... Graphics - Display 8.... HDMI port on motherboard is not working only GPU... no iGPU.... What is the problem?

Screenshot 2019-06-12 at 5.47.31 AM.png

How did you get an non-Cnvio Dell Broadcom card to work in an E slot that only delivers the proper power (low power) to the Intel 9560 to work? or is this slot different than Gigabyte's mini ITX Z390?
Interfaces to the SoC Wi-Fi: CNVio (Intel proprietary bus inspired by the DPHY low power interface)
9560 NGW CNVI.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks to @ModMike ..... finally able to install macOS and found a problem for black screen after verbose.

The problem I found was that HDMI and DisplayPorts are getting switched off..... I borrowed A Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti graphics card from my friend..... when connected to HDMI to graphics card, display came.....and installed os easily...

....Internet is working, mounted EFI to destination hard drive, everything is good.... but iGPU is not working I think....Under graphics its showing.... Graphics - Display 8.... HDMI port on motherboard is not working only GPU... no iGPU.... What is the problem?

View attachment 410903
You have your BIOS set per the guide for graphics? Maybe try DGPU instead of "Auto" but double check the rest below

1. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG (leave on auto if you don’t have a separate graphics card)
  2. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled for DGPU, Disabled for IGPU
  3. Save and reboot to activate the RC6 and DVMT settings
  4. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > RC6(Render Standby) > Off - This settings disables a power saving feature that could potentially crash the system
  5. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Above 4G Decoding > Enable
  6. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128

How did you get an non-Cnvio Dell Broadcom card to work in an E slot that only delivers the proper power (low power) to the Intel 9560 to work? or is this slot different than Gigabyte's mini ITX Z390?
Interfaces to the SoC Wi-Fi: CNVio (Intel proprietary bus inspired by the DPHY low power interface)
View attachment 410946
It must be different because it works....at least for most of us.

Incompatible Components
There are a few components that are incompatible with Hackintoshes:
  • Samsung EVO Plus SSDs
  • XFX graphics cards - Some characteristic of their VBIOS freezes the installer and causes kernel panics. Fortunately flashing a compatible PowerColor BIOS makes it fully compatible
@ModMike
Mike I have just installed on a Samsung 970+ NVMe drive after updating the firmware in Windows using Samsung Magician. You can probably edit your guide. :thumbup:
Also confirmed here.

It must be different because it works....at least for most of us.
BTW the Aorus Master is not an ITX board.
It must be dual voltage sensing, and Asus must have asked for this in their design-build architecture as Asus does not make their boards, as they farm out their architectural design to Foxconn or Evga or Asrock. And it also A/E slot compatible as the Dell card is an A/E card not anE-card & this should be noted in the TonyMac Buyers Guide for CutoMacMini Pro and CustoMac Mini so the buyers of the Gigabyte suggestion which uses the same exact Intel card and has the same sticker on the stainless can will not plunk down 50 plus dollar for a card that will not work in the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi. I have confirmed the Dell card is not recognized under Mojave 10.14.5 or Windows 10 Pro 64 1809. I have even tried a carrier adapter to an Apple Broadcom card and the same result. The 9560NGW Bluetooth works on Mojave and both sides card on Win 10.

BTW the Aorus Master is not an ITX board.
It must be dual voltage sensing, and Asus must have asked for this in their design-build architecture as Asus does not make their boards, as they farm out their architectural design to Foxconn or Evga or Asrock. And it also A/E slot compatible as the Dell card is an A/E card not anE-card & this should be noted in the TonyMac Buyers Guide for CutoMacMini Pro and CustoMac Mini so the buyers of the Gigabyte suggestion which uses the same exact Intel card and has the same sticker on the stainless can will not plunk down 50 plus dollar for a card that will not work in the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi. I have confirmed the Dell card is not recognized under Mojave 10.14.5 or Windows 10 Pro 64 1809. I have even tried a carrier adapter to an Apple Broadcom card and the same result. The 9560NGW Bluetooth works on Mojave and both sides card on Win 10.
I had the Asus ROG Strix Gaming I board until recently. Went with the Gigabyte board for expansion slots and happier for it but I had zero issues with the Asus as well. After reading this thread start to finish there were relatively few issues reported with replacing the card.

You have your BIOS set per the guide for graphics? Maybe try DGPU instead of "Auto" but double check the rest below

1. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG (leave on auto if you don’t have a separate graphics card)
  2. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled for DGPU, Disabled for IGPU
  3. Save and reboot to activate the RC6 and DVMT settings
  4. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > RC6(Render Standby) > Off - This settings disables a power saving feature that could potentially crash the system
  5. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Above 4G Decoding > Enable
  6. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128

Everything is same... I even tried setting Primary Display to "CPU Graphics" also..... but HDMI is switching off after completion of Apple logo bar.... Any other Problems?

Everything is same... I even tried setting Primary Display to "CPU Graphics" also..... but HDMI is switching off after completion of Apple logo bar.... Any other Problems?
It may have something to do with the monitor itself. Sometimes unplugging the cable and waiting a bit and then plugging it back in makes it up. Worth a try and if you have another display like a TV or extra monitor try it as the source and report back.

I had the Asus ROG Strix Gaming I board until recently. Went with the Gigabyte board for expansion slots and happier for it but I had zero issues with the Asus as well. After reading this thread start to finish there were relatively few issues reported with replacing the card.

Here is the Build with the can off the slot, as I said, I purchased the Dell branded Broadcom and also tried the Broadcom 94360CS2 with an A/E carrier card adapter both not recognized or powered up under either OS.
SIDE OF LUNA DESIGNS PRIME.JPG

I have since flipped the power supply over as the designer says the airflow and cooling are better when the fan on PS is facing inside this case. This is an i5 for lower TDP. Temps were too high with back to back M.2's NVMe. I have a Crucial 1TB SSD on the floor of the case now with M.2 for Mac side in upper outside MB slot. This is a Luna Designs DNK Prime Case. Note there are unacceptable problems with the PCI-E video riser card/cable as it is producing video artifacts at Desktop and minor random crashing in Mojave and Windows 10. I had no problems, flawless running, of both OS's with AMD Sapphire RX 570 card in direct MB slot without riser cable on Lian Li Test bench. Also, could not get Mojave 10.14.5 UniBeast to boot from USB 3.0 port, had to use a USB 2.0 female cable adapter to internal 10pin USB 2.0 port to get OS installed. This is a MacMan trick which works!!! There is only one USB 2.0 internal port on this board. No external 2.0 port(s) on Back Panel. I ordered a new high-end riser cable to hopefully cure the artifact / crashing problem. USB wifi is the only option for the Gigabyte ITX board. You say the Asus board works with the Dell card. Edit: Thermaltake riser replacement cured slot problems!!!
FRONT LUNA DESIGNS PRIME CASE SIDES OFF.JPG
FAN AND CABLE CHANGE 2.JPG
VIDEO CARD.JPG

FAN AND CABLE CHANGE 3.JPG

Last edited:
Back