Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Last few lines of verbose

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
BIOS version and bios settings that I changed

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 73
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 78
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    985.3 KB · Views: 75
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 70
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 71
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 72
DSDT that I just extracted now.

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    270.4 KB · Views: 72
DSDT that i just extracted now.
Yes, your board does not have the bug in the DSDT (uninitialized STAS var).
And also according to your screenshots, it doesn't seem like a DSDT parser error.

Yes but patch was supposed to fix that and you can't easily roll back. I attached the last EFI with patches but am not optimistic, it appears the RTC issue is in another part of your BIOS than ours.

If you are up to it, try to roll back to 0702 using this heavily edited guide by RAffleKol from the Asus site:

How to roll back Bios using the DOS tool AFUDOS.exe when blocked by EZ Flash:

I AM NOT RESPONSABLE IN ANYWAY IF THIS DAMAGES YOUR MOTHERBOARD THIS IS FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE FLASHBACK AND HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO ROLL BACK THEIR BIOS

Although it may look complicated, the process is straightforward and only a few steps.

First we need to confirm the Bios is from American Megatrends:
  1. In Windows 10 or 8.1 right-click the Start button and choose Run.
  2. In the Run window or search box, type msinfo32 and push enter.
  3. Your System info should pop up. Verify that you have an American Megatrends Bios
  4. If yes proceed, if not stop, this guide will not work.
Files included in attachment:
  1. Rufus Format
  2. AFUDOS.exe (used to flash your bios)
  3. Files in "Copy to USB" folder
  4. UEFITool.exe (converts .CAP files to .ROM)
File you need to download:
  1. Version 0702 Bios for Z390-E from Asus web site
Settings:
  1. CSM must be enabled for this to work. You can disable after downgrade is complete
  2. Rename your .rom file bios.rom or it won't work.
If all this works and you can boot, dump the DSDT again so we can compare to latest version. If you are lucky, @pupin can help us make a patch.

Attachments

• Flash Bios USB.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 113
Yes but patch was supposed to fix that and you can't easily roll back. I attached the last EFI with patches but am not optimistic, it appears the RTC issue is in another part of your BIOS than ours.

If you are up to it, try to roll back to 0702 using this heavily edited guide by RAffleKol from the Asus site:

How to roll back Bios using the DOS tool AFUDOS.exe when blocked by EZ Flash:

I AM NOT RESPONSABLE IN ANYWAY IF THIS DAMAGES YOUR MOTHERBOARD THIS IS FOR PEOPLE THAT DONT HAVE FLASHBACK AND HAVE NO OTHER WAY TO ROLL BACK THEIR BIOS

Although it may look complicated, the process is straightforward and only a few steps.

First we need to confirm the Bios is from American Megatrends:
  1. In Windows 10 or 8.1 right-click the Start button and choose Run.
  2. In the Run window or search box, type msinfo32 and push enter.
  3. Your System info should pop up. Verify that you have an American Megatrends Bios
  4. If yes proceed, if not stop, this guide will not work.
Files included in attachment:
  1. Rufus Format
  2. AFUDOS.exe (used to flash your bios)
  3. Files in "Copy to USB" folder
  4. UEFITool.exe (converts .CAP files to .ROM)
File you need to download:
  1. Version 0702 Bios for Z390-E from Asus web site
Settings:
  1. CSM must be enabled for this to work. You can disable after downgrade is complete
  2. Rename your .rom file bios.rom or it won't work.
If all this works and you can boot, dump the DSDT again so we can compare to latest version. If you are lucky, @pupin can help us make a patch.
That could work only if you think its another BIOS bug, because there is no DSDT bug there, and his hang is not due to DSDT.

I used ez flash used 0702 bios file from website download it and loaded using usb.......

It's showing that it changed version but did it really change ?
Or do I have to do this entire process that you shown now

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 124
It even changed in Windows msinfo too

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 79
I'm sleepy .......
It's midnight. I have to go to college tomorrow......
Tried different versions of bios using USB ......
Still same errors......

Howdy

New to the thread, but have read most of it.

Currently have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H with an i7-3770K and Nvidia card. 7 years old. So I decided to catch up with the rest of the modern world.

Ordered a Asus ROG Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) and a i9-9900K with a bunch of RAM from BH Photo. Should be here by the weekend... except for the case, so I can't assemble it until that arrives. Got a Sapphire Nitro RX580 just waiting.

I have several clones of my current High Sierra (10.13.6) boot drive. Uses the latest Clover, and I've got Lilu and Whatevergreen installed (but in extensions, which I gather here isn't the best option.)

What I'd like to do is start with one of those clones, and tweak the config and see if I can get it to boot in the new rig.

Then, once things are running see if I can bump the whole thing up to Mojave 10.14.4.

Question is, based on the collected wisdom here - is that the best (or at a least decent) approach, or is it fatally flawed? Would some other way be better?

And if my idea is feasible, what kind of setting changes should I make?

IOW, how can I get there from here? I know I can do it from scratch if I need to, but I'd rather tweak the existing if possible.

Comments? Wisdom? Guffaws?

Thanks!

Back