Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

If 1 is still problematic and all your inputs and outputs work with 7, don’t bother with 1 anymore. I will also change over.

What I’m really looking for is whether or not it’s more stable and fixes any of your other issues.

I’m also curious to see if you have any more ghost busters once you’re fully installed.

If you do, it’s probably related to your drive setup. Make sure that the boot drive is first in BIOS boot order. Sounds like the system is looking for the drive before it’s ready.
Will test for ghostbusters and stability later.
Also would welcome help. How should I log best on with an apple ID. I made one for iTunes a while back. And that ID gave me issues. When I tried it on my previous install of Mojave.

Attachments

• 0 bytes · Views: 23
Looks like you have a Kingston SATA drive. Is it an ssd? Do you have any nvme drives installed? What SATA port is it plugged in to?

For iTunes look at my guide on configuring continuity, the section is right after the install part. It’s really a straightforward process.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    766.1 KB · Views: 65
If 1 is still problematic and all your inputs and outputs work with 7, don’t bother with 1 anymore. I will also change over.

What I’m really looking for is whether or not it’s more stable and fixes any of your other issues.

I’m also curious to see if you have any more ghost busters once you’re fully installed.

If you do, it’s probably related to your drive setup. Make sure that the boot drive is first in BIOS boot order. Sounds like the system is looking for the drive before it’s ready.

Had also Fastboot enabled for some odd reason.
Will see in the evening how it behaves after I have turned it off in Bios.

Do I need to do a fresh install without Fastboot on to eliminate any system bugs that may have slipped in while I installed Mojave with Fastboot turned on?

Had also Fastboot enabled for some odd reason.
Will see in the evening how it behaves after I have turned it off in Bios.

Do I need to do a fresh install without Fastboot on to eliminate any system bugs that may have slipped in while I installed Mojave with Fastboot turned on?

Never, ever, have fastboot on. Thats from every guide ever. I recommend you reset your BIOS to force yourself to go through them again.

For audio, you guys can try any of the layouts listed in the AppleALC Supported Codecs page.
We already did. What's killing me is that 1 works perfectly for me but no one else and I just can't figure out WHY. It's driving me nuts! Do you have any ideas why that would be @pastrychef?

7 seems to work for everyone but then Toleda (one of the AppleALC devs) says no. Here are the relevant quotes from my discussion with him:

So is 1 the correct layout to use for my config?
On using 2 or 7:
Bad idea. Repurposes Blue to Black and Pink to Orange and disables Black and Orange.
Layouts 2 and 3 apply to motherboards with 3 analog audio ports only.
7 is not my work, does not support Orange or Black (2 out supported, not 4)
Here is a snippet of the info.plist code from Github which details at least the first 3 layouts, clearly eliminating options 2, 5:

Code:
<key>Layouts</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Toleda - Realtek ALC S1220A, 5/6 audio ports, native: 2 inputs, 3/4 outputs+front panel+SPDIF/Optical</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout1.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Toleda - Realtek ALC S1220A, 3 audio ports, repurposed to 5.1: 0 inputs, 3 outputs+front panel+SPDIF/Optical</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>2</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout2.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Toleda - Realtek ALC S1220A, 3 audio ports, repurposed to 5.1: 0 inputs, 3 outputs+front panel+SPDIF/Optical</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout3.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Mirone - Realtek ALC S1220A</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>5</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout5.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>7</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout7.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
        </array>

Last edited:
We already did. What's killing me is that 1 works perfectly for me but no one else and I just can't figure out WHY. It's driving me nuts! 7 seems to work for everyone but then Toleda (one of the AppleALC devs) says no. Here are the relevant quotes from my discussion with him:

On using 2 or 7:

Here is a snippet of the info.plist code from Github which details at least the first 3 layouts, clearly eliminating options 2, 5:

Code:
<key>Layouts</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>Toleda - Realtek ALC S1220A, 5/6 audio ports, native: 2 inputs, 3/4 outputs+front panel+SPDIF/Optical</string>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout1.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>2</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout2.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>3</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout3.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>5</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout5.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
            <dict>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <key>Id</key>
                <integer>7</integer>
                <key>Path</key>
                <string>layout7.xml.zlib</string>
            </dict>
        </array>

Interesting. I hadn't looked at the info.plist. I can only say that I've been using audio-id 2 for my motherboard for over a year and have not had any issues. I only use the green connector in the rear of the computer to connect to my speakers. I've tested the headphone jack and mic input and they also work, but I normally don't use either and only tested to confirm they are working for other users.

With my success with audio-id 2, I never tested 5 or 7.

Interesting. I hadn't looked at the info.plist. I can only say that I've been using audio-id 2 for my motherboard for over a year and have not had any issues. I only use the green connector in the rear of the computer to connect to my speakers. I've tested the headphone jack and mic input and they also work, but I normally don't use either and only tested to confirm they are working for other users.

With my success with audio-id 2, I never tested 5 or 7.

That's is a PERFECTLY reasonable answer and PLEASE don't think I am being argumentative, I just want to get to the bottom of it because it could be a clue on what differences to watch for and fix.

At this point, I have a perfectly running system, as do 2 others. I just want it to be more inclusive which is why I am trying to mine your database :)

That's is a PERFECTLY reasonable answer and PLEASE don't think I am being argumentative, I just want to get to the bottom of it because it could be a clue on what differences to watch for and fix.

At this point, I have a perfectly running system, as do 2 others. I just want it to be more inclusive which is why I am trying to mine your database :)

I wonder if the inconsistent results from others may be related to NVRAM...

Back