Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

You’ve done enough systems that I assumed you knew what you are doing but every time I post something I assume a newbie might refer it to sometime in the future.

Let me know if you are up and running with my EFI soon can mark you as confirmed. Do you plan to get a new DW1560 and try again?

I might try but now thinking not. You don’t want to know what’s going on now and not sure if it has anything to do with tinkering with the DW1560 or not. I have two of these ASUS Z390-E motherboards and their both dead, I can’t explain it. I have the tools to test power supplies and I tested known working power supplies. Motherboards just won’t power up no matter what I do. One was going back anyhow because I found a lower price and the other is local just bought over the weekend so I’ll swap that one out. Kinda scared to do any more testing with DW1560’s. I know I was careful of ESD’s. I do know however if something may have happened to CPU and don’t have another one to test. So how does one know a dead CPU versus a dead motherboard?

@ModMike, did you delid CPU? I'm getting around 6500/30,250 bench. OC @5ghz. Is it the Mojave macOS giving it the push? Or the mobo? I'm looking to upgrade some components soon. I've have nearly the same hardware as you so I was trying to get better understanding

I might try but now thinking not. You don’t want to know what’s going on now and not sure if it has anything to do with tinkering with the DW1560 or not. I have two of these ASUS Z390-E motherboards and their both dead, I can’t explain it. I have the tools to test power supplies and I tested known working power supplies. Motherboards just won’t power up no matter what I do. One was going back anyhow because I found a lower price and the other is local just bought over the weekend so I’ll swap that one out. Kinda scared to do any more testing with DW1560’s. I know I was careful of ESD’s. I do know however if something may have happened to CPU and don’t have another one to test. So how does one know a dead CPU versus a dead motherboard?

Do you a Z370 lying around? I’d say CPU is more likely fried than mother boards. It’s the 1 thing that is common to both.

Either option sucks, sorry to hear about it. We also found out that BIOS version 2203 from a few days ago doesn’t work in Z390i. Which one did you install?

@ski4evr Had to roll back to 1202. Are the boards totally dead or does the mother board memmory training LED at least go to white?

@ModMike, did you delid CPU? I'm getting around 6500/30,250 bench. OC @5GHz. Is it the Mojave macOS giving it the push? Or the mobo? I'm looking to upgrade some components soon. I've have nearly the same hardware as you so I was trying to get better understanding

No I did not, still planning on custom loop but swamped with projects. I will probably start on it after I finish my Voron 2.1 3D printer. Have all the parts but a lot of tedious work.

I’m not an experienced over clocker so I just set it to AI for now. Pretty happy with benchmarks, especially when compared to I9-9900K.

Do you a Z370 lying around? I’d say CPU is more likely fried than mother boards. It’s the 1 thing that is common to both.

Either option sucks, sorry to hear about it. We also found out that BIOS version 2203 from a few days ago doesn’t work in Z390i. Which one did you install?

@ski4evr Had to roll back to 1202. Are the boards totally dead or does the mother board memmory training LED at least go to white?

BIOS version 0903 dates 3/22/2019 but only updated one of them. The one with the latest BIOS what happens, after I turn the power switch on P/S, the Aura LEDs are lit and changing colors. But MB won’t power up. None of the fans turn.

I did not update the BIOS on the other MB and the aura LEDs are not lit, and none of the fans turn when I power it up.

I don’t get the DW1560’s from Dell until April 1st. I will have another MB before then. Need a new one to see if processor is bad or not. I never had one Intel CPU go out on me. I still have Pentium 3 CPU’s PCs still running. LOL! I’d say most likely the CPU is fine.

So do you think stay away from BIOS 0903?

Last edited:
BIOS version 0903 dates 3/22/2019 but only updated one of them. The one with the latest BIOS what happens, after I turn the power switch on P/S, the Aura LEDs are lit and changing colors. But MB won’t power up. None of the fans turn.

I did not update the BIOS on the other MB and the aura LEDs are not lit, and none of the fans turn when I power it up.

I don’t get the DW1560’s from Dell until April 1st. I will have another MB before then. Need a new one to see if processor is bad or not. I never had one Intel CPU go out on me. I still have Pentium 3 CPU’s PCs still running. LOL! I’d say most likely the CPU is fine.

So do you think stay away from BIOS 0903?

Not sure but @ski4evr had to roll back or he couldn’t get past loading Fakepciid Kext. Other people on net reported hanging on windows side.

The version was 2203 for Z390-I. Same release date as yours, 3/22/2019, and both have updated processor Ucode in common. I doubt that affected your Dell DW1560 but I tagged another user a few posts back who had same issue as you. Replaced with one from Dell and it worked on first boot.

It does seem to matter where you get it.

Last edited:
Why? Did you have an issue with the flashed XFX?
No problem at all. My buddy bought the Sapphire, but it didn't fit in his chassis when we built it on Friday. So we traded!

Back