Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@pastrychef I am almost there. HackinTool has a great utility that scans the IORegistry to identify everything that needs DSDT renaming which really takes the guesswork out of renames.

I used the latest version of HackinTool and it identified 3 renames that I needed. Once identified, you just click on the bottom right patch button and it gets applied. I re-loaded in CC to make sure it wrote it and lo and behold it did.

I reboot and run it again to make sure everything worked but it still says that Rename GFX0 to IGPU needs to be applied. I checked in IORegistry and sure enough, it didn't change.

I tried using the Drop OEM feature in Clover but it crashed. Any Ideas?

@pastrychef I am almost there. HackinTool has a great utility that scans the IORegistry to identify everything that needs DSDT renaming which really takes the guesswork out of renames.

I used the latest version of HackinTool and it identified 3 renames that I needed. Once identified, you just click on the bottom right patch button and it gets applied. I re-loaded in CC to make sure it wrote it and lo and behold it did.

I reboot and run it again to make sure everything worked but it still says that Rename GFX0 to IGPU needs to be applied. I checked in IORegistry and sure enough, it didn't change.

I tried using the Drop OEM feature in Clover but it crashed. Any Ideas?

I have no idea. I've never come across an instance where renames in config.plist didn't work.

So the redone EFI's in post one are good to go?
Got home. Would like to test it out with a whiped drive fresh install, with Fastboot disabled in Bios this time

Ok, they are up, see next post for what I did and @pastrychef comments if he feels so inclined. This particular EFI should really work wonders for you or cause your machine to explode in a gigantic ball of fire that will take out 4 city blocks. Good luck, let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Dear thread followers,

Rather than gleaning info from various, and often conflicting threads, I used tools to confirm everything I could and used the Clover Wiki as a primary source when I didn't understand. I am happy to say that the info the tools returned cross-checked perfectly with reference info so I hope this is it.

I also took a different approach to patching. Rather than creating nearly invisible injections, I used Clover Configurator to create the platform injections so every one of you can see exactly what is going on. It also makes it way easier for me to create IGPU and DGPU EFIs properly. And that is huge because I discovered that I was not injecting the proper Platform ID for the IGPU EFI.

About the renames: I was missing 3 renames that HackinTool identified:

EC0 to EC = Manages USB accessory power
GFX0 to IGPU = IGPU power management could explain some of the video issues @Monkey303 was having on wake
SAT0 to SATA = Allows SATA drive recognition

About audio: I know you are probably fed up of trying to use Layout 1 and have settled on 7. I feel for you, I really do. The problem is that one of the ApplALC kexts says it should be 1. Why should you care? Firstly, it is not the right map and you may lose functionality you may suddenly want. Secondly, it may be a symptom of something being wrong somewhere else. The current setup uses ID 1. If you have any issues, try ticking the ResetHDA box in the device tab of CC and reboot before switching to 7:

If your previous install is still on the disk, there is no need to reinstall, just format a USB drive with FAT32, drop the EFI folder in it, and boot from USB. If everything works well enough, just delete EFI on your SSDs EFI partition and replace with the one from the USB boot drive.

Let me know how it turns out for you.

Last edited:
Dear thread followers,

Rather than gleaning info from various, and often conflicting threads, I used tools to confirm everything I could and used the Clover Wiki as a primary source when I didn't understand. I am happy to say that the info the tools returned cross-checked perfectly with reference info so I hope this is it.

I also took a different approach to patching. Rather than creating nearly invisible injections, I used Clover Configurator to create the platform injections so every one of you can see exactly what is going on. It also makes it way easier for me to create IGPU and DGPU EFIs properly. And that is huge because I discovered that I was not injecting the proper Platform ID for the IGPU EFI.

About the renames: I was missing 3 renames that HackinTool identified:

View attachment 393943

About audio: I know you are probably fed up of trying to use Layout 1 and have settled on 7. I feel for you, I really do. The problem is that one of the ApplALC kexts says it should be 1. Why should you care? Firstly, it is not the right map and you may lose functionality you may suddenly want. Secondly, it may be a symptom of something being wrong somewhere else. The current setup uses ID 1. If you have any issues, try ticking the ResetHDA box in the device tab of CC and reboot before switching to 7:

View attachment 393944

If your previous install is still on the disk, there is no need to reinstall, just format a USB drive with FAT32, drop the EFI folder in it, and boot from USB. If everything works well enough, just delete EFI on your SSDs EFI partition and replace with the one from the USB boot drive.

Let me know how it turns out for you.
What do those patches do?

@Stork I just put in 6 hours working on the guide and I want to KILL the damn editor. Every time I did an edit in BB and then exited, the system started pasting in stuff all over the place.

It even seems to add extra spaces every time I edit. I give up.

Back