Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I reached out to @jaymonkey about your audio issue and there is a little bit of bad news concerning HDMI audio:

AppleALC and AppleHDA only deal with the analog/onboard audio codec (usually RealTek ALC) , HDMI and Display Port Audio is an extension of the graphics card driver and has nothing to do with the layout-id (or alc-layout-id). If you look at the top section of your screen grab you can see that the Vega GPU has its own codec driver listed, these devices are not user configurable.

Some suggestions :-
  • Have your tried a different (better quality) HDMI/Display Port cable ?
  • Check the Monitors built-in menus and see if it is possible to turn off Display Port 1.2 compatibility
  • Try a different HDMI/Display Port connector on the dGPU

Hello,

thank you for all your work @ModMike.
I successfully used your thread (in todays texts and EFI) to install my first hackintosh (and I am an Hackintosh noob).

Motherboard : ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I BIOS 2603
CPU : Intel 9600K
GPU : PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
WIFI & Bluetooth : Anatel Broadcom BCM94352Z
MacOS : Catalina 10.15.4

I installed with the IGPU EFI and BIOS settings (because I did not succeed with the GPU at first).
After that I swapped to your DGPU EFI and BIOS settings and that did not worked with my computer.
So I searched other threads about 5700 XT and modified your config.plist with the one attached (I know how to use a file diff software). I hope it will help others with 5700XT.

But after configuring continuity, restart and configure my iCloud account (download mail, photos, notes...), I restarted and then MacOS did not boot. So I came back to the config.plist attached to this message.
I will try to understand why MacOS does not boot anymore with iCloud configured.

Thanks again @ModMike

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 65
treat
Hello,

thank you for all your work @ModMike.
I successfully used your thread (in todays texts and EFI) to install my first hackintosh (and I am an Hackintosh noob).

Motherboard : ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I BIOS 2603
CPU : Intel 9600K
GPU : PowerColor Red Dragon Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6
WIFI & Bluetooth : Anatel Broadcom BCM94352Z
MacOS : Catalina 10.15.4

I installed with the IGPU EFI and BIOS settings (because I did not succeed with the GPU at first).
After that I swapped to your DGPU EFI and BIOS settings and that did not worked with my computer.
So I searched other threads about 5700 XT and modified your config.plist with the one attached (I know how to use a file diff software). I hope it will help others with 5700XT.

But after configuring continuity, restart and configure my iCloud account (download mail, photos, notes...), I restarted and then MacOS did not boot. So I came back to the config.plist attached to this message.
I will try to understand why MacOS does not boot anymore with iCloud configured.

Thanks again @ModMike

I took a quick look and all I can see is that you added agdpmod=pikera but didn't do a diff. It's also missing the platform ID in devices.

I just uploaded a new version of the DGPU-EFI, I had inadvertently deleted the platform ID. Grab that one, add the boot argument, and give it a go.

I also added :
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<false/>
</dict>
And I think it did not work without

@ModMike
I tested the DGPU on the 5700 XT, but it still doesn't work.
I tried to boot with the argument agdpmod = pikera and without it, but the result is always the same - long loading of the OS and then rebooting.

Now I will try to use your latest DGPU, which you just added to the theme, with the WhateverGreen.kext file.

I changed my BIOS settings from automatic:

200405225841.jpg

on such:

200405225950.jpg

#Update 1

I tried adding WhateverGreen.kext, but my system also still does not start.

Last edited:
I also added :
<key>Graphics</key>
<dict>
<key>Inject</key>
<dict>
<key>ATI</key>
<false/>
<key>Intel</key>
<false/>
<key>NVidia</key>
<false/>
</dict>
<key>RadeonDeInit</key>
<false/>
</dict>
And I think it did not work without

Most of those are not needed, check out post #3261 in this thread. Try without first and let me know.

@ModMike
I managed to launch your last EFI on the 5700 XT.
I added the argument agdpmod = pikera and the Graphics section in Clover.

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Update 1:

I deleted

Code:
<key> Intel </key>
             <false />

And it still works.

Update 2:

I tested several options.
I left only this:

Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
    </dict>

If I remove this from the config, my OS does not load. I think you should add this line to the default config for DGPU.

Снимок экрана 2020-04-06 в 03.33.37.png

Last edited:
@ModMike
same as iDrakus
- Your DGPU EFI + agdpmod=pikera --> did not work
- Your DGPU EFI + agdpmod=pikera + Graphic section --> did work (see attached file)
Code:
<key>Graphics</key>
    <dict>
        <key>Inject</key>
        <dict>
            <key>ATI</key>
            <false/>
            <key>Intel</key>
            <false/>
            <key>NVidia</key>
            <false/>
        </dict>
        <key>RadeonDeInit</key>
        <false/>
    </dict>

Thanks again for all your work.
I generated a new smbios and serial number, it seems to work right now

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.1 KB · Views: 64
This is strange. I still sometimes immediately after turning on the computer, after about five minutes, encounter looped sound from the speakers and freezes, but the mouse cursor moves. Any ideas?

I did the cleaning using Mac Optimizer.
In the BIOS settings, I use iGPU enabled, and Primary Display - PEG.

Wow! I earned Sidecar, and it works on Wi-Fi and USB.

I'll figure it out later if it works without kexts for Wi-Fi / Bluetooth. I do not need them because I use the BCM94360CS2 module.

Back