Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

The 5700xt might give you issues when installing fresh. I’d definitely start with the most recent installer (10.15.2 at this time).

I have no idea what is in those EFI folders right now (on my phone), but I’d assume that the CAt GPU is a good starting point with the 5700xt installed.

If that is problematic and can’t install, then would have try to install the igpu and corresponding efi changes.

Best bet is to have a couple USB sticks ready to go, one with each or at least have different configurations.plists ready to try out.

The 5700xt might give you issues when installing fresh. I’d definitely start with the most recent installer (10.15.2 at this time).

I have no idea what is in those EFI folders right now (on my phone), but I’d assume that the CAt GPU is a good starting point with the 5700xt installed.

If that is problematic and can’t install, then would have try to install the igpu and corresponding efi changes.

Best bet is to have a couple USB sticks ready to go, one with each or at least have different configurations.plists ready to try out.
I think it was a missed setting that I messed with earlier I had igpu disabled I enabled and it seems to be stable again. As far as starting fresh with 10.15.2 how do you create a installer for that? Unibeast only allows me to select Mojave. I guess I spoke too soon lol I just left it idling and came back to see it had just froze again. Now disconnecting one ssd and see if it freezes again.

Last edited:
Going to have to look up the tutorials for how to create the usb installer with the TM tools. I'm not able to put up links to other sites here, but a quick google will get you to a nicely formatted set of instructions on how to create an installer USB from the Catalina installer app package, as well as installing Clover.

I don't have anything against the TM tools in any way, I just never really used them in any capacity to be helpful to you.

Going to have to look up the tutorials for how to create the usb installer with the TM tools. I'm not able to put up links to other sites here, but a quick google will get you to a nicely formatted set of instructions on how to create an installer USB from the Catalina installer app package, as well as installing Clover.

I don't have anything against the TM tools in any way, I just never really used them in any capacity to be helpful to you.
Would you mind sharing your EFI Folder. I did the full Catalina install from the get go, and I still keep on running into the crash issue. I ran it without the RX, and it works fine...doesn't have that issue. I want to try something different before I completely need to replace my GPU. Thanks.

Hey! I just managed to make my hackintosh thanks to you! I still have some minor issues though.
- I can't plug a second screen either in DVI or in HDMI, and I don't know how to fix it;
- I have some visual glitch when I'm using chrome; and
- I'd like to access the recovery boot mode, and I don't know how to get to it :/
Thanks mate keep it up.

My computer sometimes wakes up every few minutes, and sometimes once every few hours. I tried turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, but that does not help. How can I find out why a Mac is waking up? (macOS 10.15.1 (19B88))

Hey! I just managed to make my hackintosh thanks to you! I still have some minor issues though.
- I can't plug a second screen either in DVI or in HDMI, and I don't know how to fix it;
- I have some visual glitch when I'm using chrome; and
- I'd like to access the recovery boot mode, and I don't know how to get to it :/
Thanks mate keep it up.
Using what IGPU? Try Firefox? The recovery partition should show on the clover boot menu as a choice. If not it maybe how the config.plist is written or its not there.

My computer sometimes wakes up every few minutes, and sometimes once every few hours. I tried turning off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, but that does not help. How can I find out why a Mac is waking up? (macOS 10.15.1 (19B88))
You can try running this command in terminal. You can check if its a bluetooth device by turning off "Allow Bluetooth Devices to wake this computer" in the Bluetooth Preferences under the advanced tab.

pmset -g assertions

Last edited:
Hi, by the way my first post for my first hackintosh, followed by this guide.

I took the Asus Z390-E Board instead. I was looking for an atx-form-factor and thought, the Asus Z390-I and Z390-E should be mostly the same, espacially with its wi-fi-module on board. I ordered a Broadcom BCM94352Z Card, which was labeled as hackintosh compatible, but now I have trouble getting wi-fi and bluetooh regognized by the board itself ( Bios, Windows and Ubuntu 18.04 cannot find a network or bluetooth module ).

The card fits perfectly into the board, and it is nearly the same as in the pictures in the main post. Is it a problem with NGFF on CNVI interface as the seller mentioned? Should an original Dell card fix it or is the Z390-E too different to a Z390-I? And where do I get those? My second option is a pci-e wi-fi card, but I won't believe, that the internal wi-fi-module can only work with Intel modules. Do You know something about this problem and how its gonna be fixed?

Back