Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@trankilou Yes, But I want to fix iGPU freeze problem. From this post (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...coding-instead-of-intels.277372/#post-1957651), macOS will make IGPU work in certain types of videos.

May I have your EFI configs? Really appreciate your help!

Sorry I don't understand why you wanna use Intel Quick Sync (IQS). I disagree with jay IQS is not efficient at all (I made a lot a research and tests about that), and as Zaklol said there is terminal command to control that too (it proves Jay was wrong about that btw...) . If you have a DGPU use it and forget IQS.

Sorry I don't understand why you wanna use Intel Quick Sync (IQS). I disagree with jay IQS is not efficient at all (I made a lot a research and tests about that), and as Zaklol said there is terminal command to control that too (it proves Jay was wrong about that btw...) . If you have a DGPU use it and forget IQS.
Sorry, If I ignore IQS, will SMBIOS iMac19,1 be OK?

Hi! I’m running High Sierra with almost the same build except GTX 1080 Ti.

Do you think it’s worth to upgrade to Catalina and switch to iGPU, or should I stay in HS?

Thanks

Hi! I’m running High Sierra with almost the same build except GTX 1080 Ti.

Do you think it’s worth to upgrade to Catalina and switch to iGPU, or should I stay in HS?

Thanks
Depends what you do with your GPU. Catalina and majave almost bring 0 useful feature but one day software ask for a min version...

Depends what you do with your GPU. Catalina and majave almost bring 0 useful feature but one day software ask for a min version...
I run dual boot setup High Sierra alongside Win 10. Windows for gaming, and HS for office work, coding, remote server, sometimes light video editing using older version of Final Cut Pro (newer version not compatible with HS).

I run dual boot setup High Sierra alongside Win 10. Windows for gaming, and HS for office work, coding, remote server, sometimes light video editing using older version of Final Cut Pro (newer version not compatible with HS).
Regarding your use case, iGPU is OK, so you can upgrade.

Build
GPU: XFX Radeon RX 580
Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU: i7-9700K
RAM: 32GB Corsair Balistix Sport

New build
I found this thread after making a selection of components from the Buyers Guide. I’m having problems with the install. After selecting the USB stick to boot in Clover, the screen just hangs on Apple logo and nothing in the progress bar.
I see from the initial post that it says XFX graphic cards are not compatible but flashing a compatible PowerColor BIOS makes it fully compatible. I'm not sure how to do this. Can you help?

I'm going for exactly the same build, did you manage to get it working?

Hello, I'm coming back to you? I have a worry of iPad Pro recharge with Mojave, and looking a little I have only 500mA output; have you made a correction or have you a remedy for this concern ;-)
I am under Mojave and with iMac 19.1, I do not see the line19.1 but only 15.2. Is the problem that must be corrected
"Fusion Capture d’écran 2019-11-26 à 16.05.32.pngCapture d’écran 2019-11-26 à 16.05.43.png
Drive/System/Library/Extensions/IOUSBHostFamily.kext/Contents/Info.plist"

Thank you.

Back