Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I really love my Apple Magic Keyboard.

Can I use it with the hackintosh Bluetooth module (Native) built into the ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I GAMING? If so, what settings do you need to make?

I see this as a temporary solution until I get the Dell DW1560 or its analogue.
Best thing to do is swap the compatible Broadcom module into your board if you're looking for a cleaner solution. If you can build a PC, you can swap the module out. It's about 6 screws on the mobo to get to the card.

Best thing to do is swap the compatible Broadcom module into your board if you're looking for a cleaner solution. If you can build a PC, you can swap the module out. It's about 6 screws on the mobo to get to the card.
I already have a BCM943602CS adapter with an adapter.
I just do not want to remove the large metal radiator in the first few days to make sure that the motherboard is working. I believe that removing it and replacing Wi-Fi might void the motherboard warranty.

If you disable the built-in Wi-Fi / Bluetooth in the BIOS settings and connect the BCM943602CS via the adapter to m.2 on the back of the motherboard, will everything work properly? (I know that I need an antenna.)

IMG_6744.jpg

Hi everyone
My ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX is dead, and I'm looking for new motherboard.
I just don't wont buy same motherboard- ASRock BIOS is terrible.

I want to ask about the owners of Catalina build Asus Z390-I Gaming + AMD Graphics:
-Do you have any problem with HEVC encoding/decoding? Final Cut/iMovie works?

- Sidecar wired/wireless works?
- iGPU works together with AMD Graphics? - This is not super important, but I have thoughts that it is important for Sidecar feature

My config is i5 8600k, Vega 64, Samsung 960 EVO/970 EVO ssd, BCM943602CS WiFi with SSD

I just do not want to remove the large metal radiator in the first few days to make sure that the motherboard is working. I believe that removing it and replacing Wi-Fi might void the motherboard warranty.

If you disable the built-in Wi-Fi / Bluetooth in the BIOS settings and connect the BCM943602CS via the adapter to m.2 on the back of the motherboard, will everything work properly? (I know that I need an antenna.)

View attachment 432184

That card looks much bigger than what I installed in mine. I don't have any experience installing it in any other slot but I don't see why it wouldn't work if the driver was appropriate.

That card looks much bigger than what I installed in mine. I don't have any experience installing it in any other slot but I don't see why it wouldn't work if the driver was appropriate.
I will definitely try to do it and talk about it here. :D

Thanks for the information)

Is there really no BCM943602CS or its analogue in a compact form so that it fits under the cover on the motherboard? I know about the Dell DW1560, but it's still not the original Apple module.
Just get the one from the OP’s build. Works great with the provided drivers and fits your board.

Just get the one from the OP’s build. Works great with the provided drivers and fits your board.
Are any more suitable besides Dell DW1560 ?

What are their names? I just do not quite understand what I mean.

Last edited:

View attachment 432184
I have this setup, it works like a charm. I just dropped the Broadcom kexts included in the EFI folder provided by ModMike.

I use the original antennas but need to replace the lower cable - it is just too short. I also have the 3 antenna version so I added a wire antenna for BT - otherwise the range is low (like half a meter) and with my case closed basically non-existent. In the photo below only the 5MHz antenna is connected.

And, I have not disabled Wifi/BT in the BIOS settings.

Oh, and you need to remove the cooling block I think. I have to do that anyways because my CPU cooler does not fit with it.

5D54C1C8-6439-40F5-9498-FCF4B2124F8B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back