Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

What do you mean by this exactly? "Any ideas if this is specifically for the strix board only?"

What I mean is that will this trick work with MSI or Gigabyte boards? The swapping of the CNVI wifi

What I mean is that will this trick work with MSI or Gigabyte boards? The swapping of the CNVI wifi
On a case by case basis who knows except the people who have the motherboards you are describing and that is not happening here in this forum. Meanwhile there are several routes you can follow to get wireless/Bluetooth working natively especially if you have an open PCIe slot.

See this post for one example, there are several options. Just google them.

On a case by case basis who knows except the people who have the motherboards you are describing and that is not happening here in this forum. Meanwhile there are several routes you can follow to get wireless/Bluetooth working natively especially if you have an open PCIe slot.

See this post for one example, there are several options. Just google them.

Thanks for the reply. I'm just actually amazed about @ModMike trying to do this out of curiosity it worked for the people here. I'm building a small form factor PC and this board might be the best to get for full macOS experience by having that WiFi card swapped out. Can't afford to use the 2 x M.2 slots for the WiFi since I'm gonna be using both the slots for my NVMe drives and there's no room for adapters and stuff for my SFF case (ghost s1). This guide actually made me jump to SFF since everything from the motherboard works by just swapping the WiFi card. :)

For Catalina... Can I simply update and then boot from a new EFI Folder or do I have to make a complete new install?

For Catalina... Can I simply update and then boot from a new EFI Folder or do I have to make a complete new install?
That’s what I did initially, and had no major issues. I’m now re-installing Mojave and upgrading again - need to debug my BT.

Back