Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I have this speed if ssdt is loaded, without it works okay.
Final cut doesn't boot in any cases. Its possible to run fcpx by changing intelGFX or ig-platform but in this case I'll lose quick sync in MacX.
I don't know why the SSDT would cause your SSD to slow if that is what you are saying. All I can say is maybe it is wrong for your specific system and you need to create your own for proper port limit patching. I think we already had that conversation. Drivers, kexts and config.plist look fine. Did you load any kexts to Library extensions too or no? If so what? As far as Final Cut Pro goes you probably need to solve your SSD issue first, there are other specific forums that deal with FCPX you probably need to visit.

Last edited:
does handoff and continuity work?
Did not test specifically, I can try to do that tonight. Though, I’m not running the Dell module but Apple original MacBook one.

Attachments

• 951F3BD3-EB33-4924-89AA-7289C30AFA21.jpeg
    951F3BD3-EB33-4924-89AA-7289C30AFA21.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 68
After update to Catalina my t5 SSD drive (in USB c port) is a joke, it was about 400mb/s.. and Final Cut is not working, occusync is okay... I bought the same spec (8700K, RX 580, 970 EVO) so why is this not working correctly?

Another thought, do you have APFS or HFS+ on the SSD? Catalina is pushing heavily towards APFS which might have changed something. (I‘m yet to test my own USB-C performance on Catalina as don’t have proper drive at hand.)

Hello Everybody,

First of all, huge Thanks to @ModMike for the step by step guide! I thought I was okay with the install... :)

I'm using my config for 2-3 weeks now, and it seems to be okay, but there are little glitches, and I read almost the first 52 pages of this thread but more i read even more I'm getting confused about some things, so please help me to clarify some little things just to see am I on the right or the wrong way :)

1, I can't find any solution to get CPU temperature. If I install FakeSMC or VirtualSMC, nothing happens. There is definitely a mistake in my process, but I don't know the right way :) ( as I wrote, the more I read, more I confused )

2, There are some milliseconds freezes when I use the system. Mostly when I'm using Photoshop / Indesign / Illustrator, but not always and it happens even when I browsing the web. ( Okay I can live with that, but I'm soooo curious, why happening this if the computer's configuration is not so bad in my opinion :)

3, If I restart, the system doesn't boot up just if I select on the boot menu "remove all Clover configuration...." ( I think it's connected about the installation of the VirtualSMC.kext. ) Meantime I fixed this :)

+1, Can You suggest some software or application to check the power of the system for real or GeekBench is the one above all?

Thanks in advance for Your help!

Last edited:
I can't find any solution to get CPU temperature. If I install FakeSMC or VirtualSMC, nothing happens. There is definitely a mistake in my process, but I don't know the right way :) ( as I wrote, the more I read, more I confused )

I did have the CPU temperature with my initial setup (EFI folder from early September), but with the updated EFI folder (for Catalina at least) CPU temperature is no longer visible for me either.

Another thought, do you have APFS or HFS+ on the SSD? Catalina is pushing heavily towards APFS which might have changed something. (I‘m yet to test my own USB-C performance on Catalina as don’t have proper drive at hand.)
Though most likely the issue is the same as described in the thread below - USB3 is not working, only USB2 speeds are available. Maybe the patch described here helps.

Does Catalina install over Mojave or are we talking a Time Machine and restore ?
I have a fresh Mojave so I just installed Catalina over it, replacing the EFI folder before starting the Catalina install. No crashes, took about 15 minutes after the download was completed.

Though most likely the issue is the same as described in the thread below - USB3 is not working, only USB2 speeds are available. Maybe the patch described here helps.

And said that, this patch is already part of the ModMike's Catalina EFI folder. Did you get the USB3 speeds working?

I _do_ have some issues with USB looks like, need to dig into those during the weekend...

Hi! How did you install the DW1560 to work perfectly?
The stock Wifi card Intel 9560 on Asus Strix Z390i use CNVI port.
But DW1650 is M2 -NGFF card.

Last edited:
Back