Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

If the Dell card works for you, you will not need longer antennas.

Yes, that sums up what I did. Plugged the BCM94360CS2 into NGFF adapter, and into the same slot where the stock intel card once resided. Longer antennaes needed in this case, but works great.
The temptation to do what you did is huge: far more cheaper ( about 35e vs 70e) and I assume with your big antenna the radio reception should be much more efficient ! Can you confirm this chip is carrying wifi as BT ? BT is more important than wifi for me (I'm using apple BT keyboard)

Yes, Bluetooth definitely works, as it was the entire point of this exercise. The slightly longer antennas don't really change anything as far as reception, as they are only needed to neatly connect from the card to the rear of the case. I'm using the stock 'shark fin' antenna that came with the motherboard.

Yes, there are a few OOB options if you want to give up your PCIe slot. But I had no intention of giving up the GPU in this build.

Hey All!

I'm jumping over to this thread since I had thought my WiFi issue was software related one and therefore had been posting here but according to the moderator, it may be hardware related.

How do I know if I installed this correctly?
(I had thought I followed the "Spoiler: Dell DW1560 Installation Guide" exactly and clearly, this may not be the case)

Here was the card I purchased, is this a fraud or is there another problem with this card?

Additionally, I purchased these antennas confirming these wouldn't be the problem?

Could mixing up the cables and plugging them into the wrong antenna make this problem?

Any other items I should look for as I take this apart?

If there is something else I am missing please let me know. Thanks in advance for the time, energy and care to this problem.

For reference, I've reattached all system files to confirm this is, in fact, hardware related. Note my my graphics card is plugged into Slot 4 PCIe 3.0 x16_2 slot (see attached image/ diagram for details)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 10.39.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-06-20 at 10.39.29 AM.png
    137.9 KB · Views: 67
  • BABYSPICE IMAC 6:20 V1.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
Hey All!

I'm jumping over to this thread since I had thought my WiFi issue was software related one and therefore had been posting here but according to the moderator, it may be hardware related.

How do I know if I installed this correctly?
(I had thought I followed the "Spoiler: Dell DW1560 Installation Guide" exactly and clearly, this may not be the case)

Here was the card I purchased, is this a fraud or is there another problem with this card?

Additionally, I purchased these antennas confirming these wouldn't be the problem?

Could mixing up the cables and plugging them into the wrong antenna make this problem?

Any other items I should look for as I take this apart?

If there is something else I am missing please let me know. Thanks in advance for the time, energy and care to this problem.

For reference, I've reattached all system files to confirm this is, in fact, hardware related. Note my my graphics card is plugged into Slot 4 PCIe 3.0 x16_2 slot (see attached image/ diagram for details)
That’s the right card. There are Chinese versions available for less that work. too, but shipping takes a couple weeks. Apparently the Lenovo version of the card also works.

Here is the thing; the card isn’t supposed to work in the CNVi slot on the board, and that is what the moderator is saying (I’m guessing). Even @ModMike acknowledges that in the posting link below its not supposed to. But in his blissful ignorance he didn't know so he tried it, and it worked.

It usually does work or did for me and has for a host of other users. I had to use Windows to make sure the card was being recognized, and, then, in the device manager tree, there was a red flag in a drop down where the card was shown. I right clicked on that and enabled it. The red flag went away (or something, can’t remember now), and, then, back in OSX, it worked.

Other users said this worked : "OK, for me the fix was to use BrcmFirmwareData and not BrcmFirmwareRepo."

Some have had success with installing the two kexts above to Library Extensions with KextBeast (and deleting them from Clover/kext/other). Some can’t seem to get it to work. But it seems most of us have. There are a few things you can try anyway.

There is a final trick in Windows where you install the driver Mike posted at the beginning of thread. I did that, too, but, until I went back into device manager, it wouldn’t work in OSX. I really don’t know if you need to fool with that, but thought I’d mention it as a last resort.

Last edited:
I ordered yesterday the exact hardware of the list. (Except for the cooling, I took a D15 Noctua. I don't like water-cooling.) I have read the 179 pages of this threads (yes, sir). This is not my first Hackintosh. I have also an iMac 27 late 2012 and a MBP Touch Bar 2017.

I have a question regarding the BIOS version of the motherboard: as soon I have received the motherboard, I should upgrade to the last BIOS version ? What version are you sure works with no issue ?
Thanks for your answers.

+1 For the "Everything Works" build. Just finished using as a guide to get my new Asus Z390-I/9900K/RX580/32GB system (iMac19,1 SMBIOS) up and running.

I migrated everything over from my 3 year old 6700k build to a fresh NVMe disk, and then used ModMikes EFI setup as a base EFI setup.

did you use time machine ?

I ordered yesterday the exact hardware of the list. (Except for the cooling, I took a D15 Noctua. I don't like water-cooling.) I have read the 179 pages of this threads (yes, sir). This is not my first Hackintosh. I have also an iMac 27 late 2012 and a MBP Touch Bar 2017.

I have a question regarding the BIOS version of the motherboard: as soon I have received the motherboard, I should upgrade to the last BIOS version ? What version are you sure works with no issue ?
Thanks for your answers.

2401 was the last reported version to work as far as I am aware, 2417 is available but other users would have to chime in on compatibility. By all reports one you update there is no going back...

Back