RX 580
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Incompatible Components
There are a few components that are incompatible with Hackintoshes:
  • Samsung EVO Plus SSDs
  • XFX graphics cards - Some characteristic of their VBIOS freezes the installer and causes kernel panics. Fortunately flashing a compatible PowerColor BIOS makes it fully compatible
@ModMike
Mike I have just installed on a Samsung 970+ NVMe drive after updating the firmware in Windows using Samsung Magician. You can probably edit your guide. :thumbup:
Also confirmed here.

Motherboard
GA Z97MX- GAMING 5
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
It must be different because it works....at least for most of us.
BTW the Aorus Master is not an ITX board.
It must be dual voltage sensing, and Asus must have asked for this in their design-build architecture as Asus does not make their boards, as they farm out their architectural design to Foxconn or Evga or Asrock. And it also A/E slot compatible as the Dell card is an A/E card not anE-card & this should be noted in the TonyMac Buyers Guide for CutoMacMini Pro and CustoMac Mini so the buyers of the Gigabyte suggestion which uses the same exact Intel card and has the same sticker on the stainless can will not plunk down 50 plus dollar for a card that will not work in the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi. I have confirmed the Dell card is not recognized under Mojave 10.14.5 or Windows 10 Pro 64 1809. I have even tried a carrier adapter to an Apple Broadcom card and the same result. The 9560NGW Bluetooth works on Mojave and both sides card on Win 10.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
BTW the Aorus Master is not an ITX board.
It must be dual voltage sensing, and Asus must have asked for this in their design-build architecture as Asus does not make their boards, as they farm out their architectural design to Foxconn or Evga or Asrock. And it also A/E slot compatible as the Dell card is an A/E card not anE-card & this should be noted in the TonyMac Buyers Guide for CutoMacMini Pro and CustoMac Mini so the buyers of the Gigabyte suggestion which uses the same exact Intel card and has the same sticker on the stainless can will not plunk down 50 plus dollar for a card that will not work in the Gigabyte Z390 I Aorus Pro Wifi. I have confirmed the Dell card is not recognized under Mojave 10.14.5 or Windows 10 Pro 64 1809. I have even tried a carrier adapter to an Apple Broadcom card and the same result. The 9560NGW Bluetooth works on Mojave and both sides card on Win 10.
I had the Asus ROG Strix Gaming I board until recently. Went with the Gigabyte board for expansion slots and happier for it but I had zero issues with the Asus as well. After reading this thread start to finish there were relatively few issues reported with replacing the card.

Motherboard
Asus Rog Strix Z390 - E
CPU
i3 8100
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
You have your BIOS set per the guide for graphics? Maybe try DGPU instead of "Auto" but double check the rest below

1. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG (leave on auto if you don’t have a separate graphics card)
  2. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > IGPU Multi-Monitor > Enabled for DGPU, Disabled for IGPU
  3. Save and reboot to activate the RC6 and DVMT settings
  4. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > RC6(Render Standby) > Off - This settings disables a power saving feature that could potentially crash the system
  5. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Configuration > Above 4G Decoding > Enable
  6. Advanced Items > System Agent (SA) Graphics Configuration > DVMT Pre-Allocated > 128
Everything is same... I even tried setting Primary Display to "CPU Graphics" also..... but HDMI is switching off after completion of Apple logo bar.... Any other Problems?

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Everything is same... I even tried setting Primary Display to "CPU Graphics" also..... but HDMI is switching off after completion of Apple logo bar.... Any other Problems?
It may have something to do with the monitor itself. Sometimes unplugging the cable and waiting a bit and then plugging it back in makes it up. Worth a try and if you have another display like a TV or extra monitor try it as the source and report back.

Motherboard
GA Z97MX- GAMING 5
CPU
I7 4770K
Graphics
GTX 750 TI
Mac
Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I had the Asus ROG Strix Gaming I board until recently. Went with the Gigabyte board for expansion slots and happier for it but I had zero issues with the Asus as well. After reading this thread start to finish there were relatively few issues reported with replacing the card.
Here is the Build with the can off the slot, as I said, I purchased the Dell branded Broadcom and also tried the Broadcom 94360CS2 with an A/E carrier card adapter both not recognized or powered up under either OS.
SIDE OF LUNA DESIGNS PRIME.JPG

I have since flipped the power supply over as the designer says the airflow and cooling are better when the fan on PS is facing inside this case. This is an i5 for lower TDP. Temps were too high with back to back M.2's NVMe. I have a Crucial 1TB SSD on the floor of the case now with M.2 for Mac side in upper outside MB slot. This is a Luna Designs DNK Prime Case. Note there are unacceptable problems with the PCI-E video riser card/cable as it is producing video artifacts at Desktop and minor random crashing in Mojave and Windows 10. I had no problems, flawless running, of both OS's with AMD Sapphire RX 570 card in direct MB slot without riser cable on Lian Li Test bench. Also, could not get Mojave 10.14.5 UniBeast to boot from USB 3.0 port, had to use a USB 2.0 female cable adapter to internal 10pin USB 2.0 port to get OS installed. This is a MacMan trick which works!!! There is only one USB 2.0 internal port on this board. No external 2.0 port(s) on Back Panel. I ordered a new high-end riser cable to hopefully cure the artifact / crashing problem. USB wifi is the only option for the Gigabyte ITX board. You say the Asus board works with the Dell card. Edit: Thermaltake riser replacement cured slot problems!!!
FRONT LUNA DESIGNS PRIME CASE SIDES OFF.JPG
FAN AND CABLE CHANGE 2.JPG
VIDEO CARD.JPG

FAN AND CABLE CHANGE 3.JPG

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Here is the Build with the can off the slot, as I said, I purchased the Dell branded Broadcom and also tried the Broadcom 94360CS2 with an A/E carrier card adapter both not recognized or powered up under either OS.
View attachment 411282
I have since flipped the power supply over as the designer says the airflow and cooling are better when the fan on PS is facing inside this case. This is an i5 for lower TDP. Temps were too high with back to back M.2's NVMe. I have a Crucial 1TB SSD on the floor of the case now with M.2 for Mac side in upper outside MB slot. This is a Luna Designs DNK Prime Case. Note there are unacceptable problems with the PCI-E video riser card/cable as it is producing video artifacts at Desktop and minor random crashing in Mojave and Windows 10. I had no problems, flawless running, of both OS's with AMD Sapphire RX 570 card in direct MB slot without riser cable on Lian Li Test bench. Also, could not get Mojave 10.14.5 UniBeast to boot from USB 3.0 port, had to use a USB 2.0 female cable adapter to internal 10pin USB 2.0 port to get OS installed. This is a MacMan trick which works!!! There is only one USB 2.0 internal port on this board. No external 2.0 port(s) on Back Panel. I ordered a new high-end riser cable to hopefully cure the artifact / crashing problem. USB wifi is the only option for the Gigabyte ITX board. You say the Asus board works with the Dell card.
View attachment 411287
I had a similar case in the Phanteks Evolve Shift, it had PCIe riser cable but I didn’t have any issues or glitches. Nice case but it was super tight inside...but, yes, the DW 1560 card worked for me. Some users said the lesser expensive Lenovo card mentioned by @ModMike somewhere in this thread also works.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hi there! Thank you @ModMike so much for this guide. I followed your instructions EXACTLY and ended up with a working Hackintosh on the first boot. I couldn’t have asked for an easier install because this was incredibly simple. This is probably the closest thing we’ll get to a plug-n-play Hackintosh.

At first, my USB install disk wasn’t being recognized by my motherboard so I had to swap out for another USB drive. That solved the recognition issue.

I proceeded to install but my Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD didn’t show up as an installation drive. I canceled the install and went back to the disk utility to format the SSD as OSX Extended with a GUID partition. This solved the issue so I continued with the installation.

More than halfway through the first progress bar, the screen went black and the system restarted. This surprised me but the system loaded back onto the EFI boot screen where I selected “boot from my SSD.” It restarted like this a few times but I always booted from the ssd.

Finally, I was booted into the Mac setup screen where I continued the installation.

After the installation finished, I kept the OSX install drive plugged in and booted into the desktop using the “boot from ssd” option and copied Clover Configurator from my USB drive. I ran the Configurator and followed the guide. After that, I shutdown my computer and unplugged all USB drives. It booted into OSX perfectly.

Since I’m waiting for the Dell chip to come in, I have not tested WiFi/Bluetooth. Currently using Ethernet until it arrives. The only problem I’ve encountered so far is not being able to wake from sleep.
Other than that, the build is pretty much flawless.

Thank you again ModMike for your contriubutions and effort in developing this guide!271D7D38-78C0-49E4-960C-B525F648DA10.jpeg41923014-31C2-40F5-95EC-253DDE07D06B.jpeg

Motherboard
Asus ROG-STRIX-Z390-I
CPU
i5-8600
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Guys, after successfully installing the Dell DW1560, I can get fully supported WiFi. I can also see Bluetooth in the Control Panel. But, I'm having a lot of trouble pairing my BT Logitech K810 keyboard.

No matter what I try, I can't get a stable connection. After a long time trying, I see the keyboard. I try to connect. It connects (strangely doesn't ask for a passcode), but, shortly after it disconnects and/or says it's connected but is unresponsive. Shortly after, it isn't identified as disconnected.

Anyone else having the same issue ?

If I use my old BT dongle, the keyboard is found and paired perfectly first time.

Motherboard
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
Android
Guys, after successfully installing the Dell DW1560, I can get fully supported WiFi. I can also see Bluetooth in the Control Panel. But, I'm having a lot of trouble pairing my BT Logitech K810 keyboard.

No matter what I try, I can't get a stable connection. After a long time trying, I see the keyboard. I try to connect. It connects (strangely doesn't ask for a passcode), but, shortly after it disconnects and/or says it's connected but is unresponsive. Shortly after, it isn't identified as disconnected.

Anyone else having the same issue ?

If I use my old BT dongle, the keyboard is found and paired perfectly first time.
Read from post 1405 to see what some others did.