Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hi guys, I updated to 10.14.5 but my boot time increases of about 30 second, arriving to a sad 1.30. Moreover, I changed SMBIOS to 19,1 but I still see iMac 5k 2017 on system properties. Here is my boot.log and my system properties. I replaced EFI folder with the original one from the 1st post, changing just the serial number of my mac and SMBIOS.

What should I do?

Oh I forgot... during boot some odd lines appeared on the top of the screen, with 10.14.4 there wasn't

The purple lines you experience during boot is a known issue with AMD graphics cards in 10.14.5. I have the same problem. Will probably be fixed soon with new whatevergreen.kext / Lilu.kext.

UPDATE: It seems that the problem with iMac 2017/2019 is that, when I chose 19,1 on Clover Configurator, I change the serial to match the old one. If I let the new random generated one, I see 19,1 on next reboot. If I change back the old serial number, I see 18,3... this is odd

Moreover, with 19,1 sleep does not work. The hack wakes up after few seconds. While, if I come back to 18,3, everything works fine.

Last edited:
Hi all. I've seen Z390E, F & I here but no 'M''s so far. Should I expect any problems or drastic differences from what's been posted so far using the ASUS TUF Z390M-Pro instead? So far it looks like I should just be happy about the extra slots, disable the on-board WIFI and use a WIFI/Bluetooth card like the Fenvi.

I haven't received all my parts, yet, so I probably won't start building until next week. I have 3 Macs right now, but I'm hoping this will become my daily driver.

Thank you for all the work so far and for the very active forum.

Check this out...seems like success.

Last edited:
It's safe to install BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext with kextbeast in L/E (also recommended in this WiFi/Bluetooth) guide. So please try this and disable or partial disable SIP as mentioned in my previous post.

@antiserum420 . I just have time this weekend to try new things.
First, I updated the Clover bootloader. Then I updated the kexts with the latest one inside my EFI/Clover/drivers64EFI, reboot the system and update my Mojave version to the 10.14.5 using the system updater. After that, Bluetooth came back to work perfectly. Airdrop is working fine. However, I want to know if still I have to try the method that you provide me, to avoid future errors or memory leaks.

Thanks

For monitoring I use HWMonitorSMC2 v2.4.2

My best experience is with FakeSMC.

Download the attached ZIP file.
Mount Intel® Power Gadget 3.5.5.dmg and follow instructions to install. Reboot.
Remove FakeSMC.kext and other extensions you may have from your EFI dir.
Extract FakeSMC.kext.zip and Nuvoton6XXXX.kext.zip and put the kexts in EFI dir.
Mount HWSensors-3_r184.dmg and drop HWMonitorSMC2 to Applications dir. Then Go to extensions folder of the HWSensors-3_r184.dmg and put ACPIMonitor.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext to EFI dir.
Reboot and open HWMonitorSMC2 app to see if it's working.

You may not see all Fans under Fans And Pumps. You need to edit Nuvoton6XXXX.kext.
To do this, right click on Nuvoton6XXXX.kext and select ' Show Package Contents'. Navigate to /Contents/ and open Info.plist with software like XCode. Add names to all FANINX (where X = 0...4). Change FANINLIMIT to 6. Save plist, put edited Nuvoton6XXXX.kext to EFI dir and reboot. Check in HWMonitorSMC2 which Fan names are used. Then you can change the Nuvoton6XXXX.kext config plist to the names that are only used. Keep in mind to set FANINLIMIT to amount of fans + 1.

@antiserum420 Works Great!, thanks for guide me. I think everything looks good.
Screen Shot 2019-05-18 at 8.43.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-18 at 8.45.04 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-18 at 8.43.15 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-05-18 at 8.45.23 PM.png

Hi, people! Anyone tried dual display using iGPU? Mine works only for single display. Both screens went off after boot. Help!

Is it safe to update to 10.14.5?

I've not updated anything for about 6 weeks, everything working well, I'm still on the old BIOS. So do I need to update the BIOS before using the latest EFI? @ModMike

Thanks!

What version of OSX are you running? Update to 10.14.5 released yesterday. It has native support for Radeons and proper fan profiles. I was running the beta for a month and haven't had that issue. You can also finally switch to 19,1 or 19,2 profile after the install as well.

Which radeons do you mean, Mike? I thought we were already native for the radeons we have?

Is it safe to update to 10.14.5?

I've not updated anything for about 6 weeks, everything working well, I'm still on the old BIOS. So do I need to update the BIOS before using the latest EFI? @ModMike

Thanks!

I update to Mojave 10.14.5 and everything is working normally. My Bluetooth did not work with the previous one but after update is working. I am using BIOS version 2012.
First, I update the Clover bootloader, then the kexts and finally to Mojave 10.14.5

Just upgraded my Everything Works Build to 10.14.5 without any issues.

When system reboots select the installer OSX entry and let it run through... after the next reboot the installer entry is gone and system reboots normally...

Back