Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

hey mate
do you think you can send me your efi folder?
also, what bios version are you running?
Try this, in the BIOS settings make sure secure boot is disabled and the keys deleted, OS Other selected.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Try this, in the BIOS settings make sure secure boot is disabled and the keys deleted, OS Other selected.

Really appreciate that you went to the effort of sending me your EFI.

I got it working, bloody strangest thing.

All i needed to do was disable legacy USB support, and Hey! Presto! I have a fully working Mojave.

Looks like I also have accelerated graphics, connected via HDMI to my monitor. Is there any way change this to 60Hz ?

Last edited:
Really appreciate that you went to the effort of sending me your EFI

I got it working, bloody strangest thing

All i needed to do was disable legacy USB support and hey presto, i have a fully working Mojave

Looks like i also have accelerated graphics, connected via HDMI to my monitor, is there any way change this to 60 Hz ?

View attachment 401981
Try DisplayPort, or the monitor menu. Maybe there's an option to enable HDMI UltraHD whatever, or try SwitchResX.

Really appreciate that you went to the effort of sending me your EFI.

I got it working, bloody strangest thing.

All i needed to do was disable legacy USB support, and Hey! Presto! I have a fully working Mojave.

Looks like I also have accelerated graphics, connected via HDMI to my monitor. Is there any way change this to 60Hz ?

View attachment 401981
Glad it was just a BIOS setting, mate! I have legacy USB set to "auto" and that works for me. @ModMike used to have that included in the guide but its been changed since I put together my build.

Hi Leesureone,
It never hurts to check my BIOS config again:
  • somehow, XMP was Disabled (re-enabling now)
  • VMX Enabled
  • PEG Auto(i9 9900k IGP only)
  • IGPU Multi Monitor Disabled
  • RC6 off
  • Above 4G Enabled
  • DVMT 128M
  • XHCI Hand-off Enabled
  • Boot order set to Unibeast install key with IGPU EFI folder
  • Secure Boot Disabled, keys deleted, key state unloaded, OS type Other OS
  • Legacy USB Enabled
  • CSM Disabled
  • Network Stack Disabled
  • Intel Lan Controller Enabled
  • Intel Platform Trust Technology Disabled
  • SATA Enabled
  • SATA Mode Selection AHCI
  • Aggressive LPM Disabled
  • All SATA ports Enabled
  • IOAPIC 24-119 Entries Enabled
  • VT-d Disabled
I connect to my display via HDMI.

After re-enabling XMP, trying to install again, it reboots to CBM:

Boot macOS Install from Install macOS Mojave
OR
Boot macOS Install from 300GB

1st option takes me down what seems like a loop of brand new installs that reboot within 1 minute of installation, showing 2 minutes remaining right before reboot. Doesn't matter if I format APFS or HFS+, or if I attempt to continue a new install on top of whatever was pushed to the install disk during the fresh install before it reboots.

2nd option, booting to my SATA 2.5" SSD, takes me to a install screen app called Language Chooser, with a message saying macOS can't be installed , error occurred while loading resources. I restart after this point.
Another user was having issues and changed the legacy usb setting to disabled....then it worked for him. I’m set on auto with the same result. Could be as simple as that.

Another user was having issues and changed the legacy usb setting to disabled....then it worked for him. I’m set on auto with the same result. Could be as simple as that.

I really think it should be added to the guide again.
It was only due to a comment I read on another thread that I even throught of trying to disable it.

Anyway, thanks for all your help Leesureone

It was only due to a comment I read on another thread that I even throught of trying to disable it.

I agree! Hoping it solvers Kelmers issue as well, he was not having a good time being stuck in the endless loop.:banghead:

Last edited:
Kelmers issues sound almost identical to mine, he should disable legacy USB support

I will add it now. For some reason I am not getting email notifications.

I think you might be right about the bios version

I've running the latest version 2.20.1271, i'm wondering if a downgrade to ModMike's version is even possible ?

ModMike, if you read this, can you report back with you BIOS version please mate ?

Running latest version. Patch in EFI fixes issues with newer BIOS.

Back