Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

best to remove it
OK, I have removed Samsung M.2 drive and installed the WD Black drive. I still can't boot into the Ventura installer. It hangs on this screen, then all text goes garbed with no entry sign. (I assume kp.)

Any ideas?

Attachments

• IMG_5797.jpeg
    IMG_5797.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 45
OK, I have removed Samsung M.2 drive and installed the WD Black drive. I still can't boot into the Ventura installer. It hangs on this screen, then all text goes garbed with no entry sign. (I assume kp.)

Any ideas?
Can you describe how you made the installer again, I didn't quite understand what you meant. Also did you check your BIOS configuration against the suggestions on page 1?

Any ideas?
that would be a USB issue

best to do this correctly in Catalina:

that would be a USB issue

best to do this correctly in Catalina:
If he is using one of the uploads from page one USB ports are already mapped correctly, at least for the OPs configuration. One of the ports will allow it to complete booting. If he isn't....all bets are off.

Update: Ventura all installed and everything working - even sleep which didn't in Catalina!!

I cleared NVRAM and plugged installed into different usb port - maybe I was using a USB that wasn't mapped or something?

Now, how do I install OpenCore on the boot drive instead of having to start from the USB every time - just copy over the EFI partition contents?

Update: Ventura all installed and everything working - even sleep which didn't in Catalina!!

I cleared NVRAM and plugged installed into different usb port - maybe I was using a USB that wasn't mapped or something?

Now, how do I install OpenCore on the boot drive instead of having to start from the USB every time - just copy over the EFI partition contents?
yes :)

Hello ;-)
I tested the installation of Ventura on my PC with ModMike's EFI, and it works well, but it seems a little slower than with Monterey.
Is there a procedure to improve this ?

Thanks you for everything ;-)

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-03-10 à 21.23.55.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-03-10 à 21.23.55.png
    287.7 KB · Views: 41
Back