Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

That's happened to me before on that platform (and others). I found this older thread at the time which talks about Clover as well as EasyUEFI and how to restore the EFI boot partition which somehow gets hidden. I was using OpenCore but also already had Windows installed on another drive so I downloaded the free version of EasyUEFI and figured out how to add back the boot partition on my OS X drive. I've since bought the program but the free version is good for 15 days I think.

Great, I'll give it a go.
Thank you so much!

That's happened to me before on that platform (and others). I found this older thread at the time which talks about Clover as well as EasyUEFI and how to restore the EFI boot partition which somehow gets hidden. I was using OpenCore but also already had Windows installed on another drive so I downloaded the free version of EasyUEFI and figured out how to add back the boot partition on my OS X drive. I've since bought the program but the free version is good for 15 days I think.

EasyUEFI is insanely easy to work with + it's trial was more than enough to fix my issue.

Thanks!

EasyUEFI is insanely easy to work with + it's trial was more than enough to fix my issue.

Thanks!
Glad you got that sorted out, and, for what its worth, its happened to other users here (as I mentioned myself included). I suspect its related to Windows trying to control the boot sector, but I also think the motherboard BIOS contributes to the problem.

Yup firefox and Waterfox work perfectly fine. I wonder why Safari is the issue

Apple and DRM....been that way for quite a while

Hello,

since the right SMBIOS is very important, I was wondering if chose the right one.

Hardware:
I9 9900k (with iGPU)
Radeon VII

with video editing and rendering I have a heavy workload for the system

what is your opinion?

Hello,

since the right SMBIOS is very important, I was wondering if chose the right one.

Hardware:
I9 9900k (with iGPU)
Radeon VII

with video editing and rendering I have a heavy workload for the system

what is your opinion?
According to the developers of OpenCore with your setup and using Mojave or newer iMac19,1 is recommended. See the Dortania Install Guide Under Coffee Lake for more information. See attachment screen grab from there.

Attachments

• SYMBIOS.png
    SYMBIOS.png
    193.5 KB · Views: 43
Fresh installation of macOs Big sur with Vanilla Open Core 0.6.5 successfully.
- Sleep working
- Wifi working
- Bluetooh working

For now I am using usbAllInject, tomorrow I will add .dsl witch my 15 usb ports and test the rest of the functions.

I have a question, my build has Core i7 8700 with RX 580, currently I am using SMBios 19,1, however in About this mac it is showing me Core i9 processor. Which SMBios do I have to use?

I used to use 18,3 on Mojave

Thanks

Fresh installation of macOs Big sur with Vanilla Open Core 0.6.5 successfully.
- Sleep working
- Wifi working
- Bluetooh working

For now I am using usbAllInject, tomorrow I will add .dsl witch my 15 usb ports and test the rest of the functions.

I have a question, my build has Core i7 8700 with RX 580, currently I am using SMBios 19,1, however in About this mac it is showing me Core i9 processor. Which SMBios do I have to use?

I used to use 18,3 on Mojave

Thanks
That's cosmetic and won't change how your system performs. If you have used iMac 18,3 before it should also work with OpenCore even though it is not the recommended SYMBIOS. I use Macmini8,1 on my NUC8 which is also not the developer recommendation but closest to my hardware and it works perfectly

Last edited:
Continuing with my build, I can put my system to sleep. However when I wake up the system, the fans speed up for few seconds. Anyone has experience this behavior?

Back