Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Hello, @Leesureone! Thank you for your reply.

Nope, I just added Quirks and updated my EFI partition using the new Clover package. I didn't install new kexts or whatever. After BigSur is booted I noticed like Bluetooth is enabled in the status bar. After that, I successfully paired my wireless headphones. Micro works, sound works:
WiFi also looks enabled, but it doesn't see any networks around. That is why I'm asking are there any patches to make it work at least in beta mode?

Oh damn. My interface really looks not so smooth like it was in Catalina. You know, it looks like my iGPU has not much performance to load BigSur animations in a 4K display.

I postponed the investigation since my Clover is successfully updated after filling the quirks section you posted. I think I saw some dGPU framebuffer patches in the config.plist from that folder. I didn't review the log or something. Basically, my PC constantly hard rebooting with that folder copied to USB after ~1/3 of the Apple Logo progress bar is finished.
Well, I still believe that I need a custom framebuffer configuration for my UHD 630 iGPU pairing to Asus Z390-I. By default (when no patches are applied) Hakintool shows a connected display via DP, but I'm using an HDMI connector:
Thank you.
It’s been noted a few times in this thread that sometimes Bluetooth will work but that it is inconsistent and drops connections. You may be able to enable wireless but it’s a project under development, your model may or may not be supported and connection speeds are slow. Here is an excellent guide regarding frame buffer patching.

It’s been noted a few times in this thread that sometimes Bluetooth will work but that it is inconsistent and drops connections. You may be able to enable wireless but it’s a project under development, your model may or may not be supported and connection speeds are slow. Here is an excellent guide regarding frame buffer patching.
Oh, the very small guide :) Thanks a lot. I need to find the time to investigate it then.
Maybe someone in this thread had the same issue and has already patched the iGPU configuration? Hakintool contains some predefined configurations, but there is no 'Z390-I' in the list.

Do you have the links for the kext under development? Slow WiFi is better than nothing. Now I'm using an ethernet cable but sometimes the provider can be down and I can temporarily switch to a mobile hotspot in that case.
Thanks again.

Oh, the very small guide :) Thanks a lot. I need to find the time to investigate it then.
Maybe someone in this thread had the same issue and has already patched the iGPU configuration? Hakintool contains some predefined configurations, but there is no 'Z390-I' in the list.
Thats not how frame buffer patching works. Its not based on chipset, its based on the graphics type. The pertinent information is at the end of the guide and yes it will take some reading.
Do you have the links for the kext under development? Slow WiFi is better than nothing. Now I'm using an ethernet cable but sometimes the provider can be down and I can temporarily switch to a mobile hotspot in that case.
Thanks again.

Thats not how frame buffer patching works. Its not based on chipset, its based on the graphics type. The pertinent information is at the end of the guide and yes it will take some reading.

Nice! At first glance, everything works. I got ~60 Mbps via WiFi connection rather than ~250 Mbps on my phone connected to the same network. I think the result is acceptable for now. Thank you! I also installed Bluetooth drivers and successfully sent a file from my PC to the phone (previously it doesn't work).

One more issue I've got after BigSur installation. When I try to install/update an app from the native MacStore is 'freezes' on the final step:
Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 23.21.48.png
After the PC is rebooted such apps look as in the following picture:
Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 23.21.42.png
And they won't be deleted even if I try to press the cross on the corner of the icon. I manually moved such app to the trashbin -> rebooted the PC and it still presents in the dashboard. But I can run them from the App folder or from the bottom panel (except the previously deleted app of course).
How do you think is it an OSx bug? Is there a way to clear the dashboard cache or something like that?
Thank you.

Nice! At first glance, everything works. I got ~60 Mbps via WiFi connection rather than ~250 Mbps on my phone connected to the same network. I think the result is acceptable for now. Thank you! I also installed Bluetooth drivers and successfully sent a file from my PC to the phone (previously it doesn't work).

One more issue I've got after BigSur installation. When I try to install/update an app from the native MacStore is 'freezes' on the final step:
After the PC is rebooted such apps look as in the following picture:
And they won't be deleted even if I try to press the cross on the corner of the icon. I manually moved such app to the trashbin -> rebooted the PC and it still presents in the dashboard. But I can run them from the App folder or from the bottom panel (except the previously deleted app of course).
How do you think is it an OSx bug? Is there a way to clear the dashboard cache or something like that?
Thank you.

I‘ve experminted with the bios, efi folder and windows ssd. I don‘t understand whats going on there. In bios, i cannot set the boot options ( espacially the boot priority to boot from usb first cannot be set ), but i can use boot override by selecting the ssd with oc efi on it in bios itself. then, when i reset the nvram in oc boot gui, it boots from now on directly from this ssd. A bit confusing, but hey, it works.

But when i put windows into the efi folder, it boots every time into windows. That was a terrible idea. I‘ve tried to reinstall windows and checked if the ssd is in gpt modus. I couldn‘t get windows installed as a second system.

A last try would be to put the macos ssd out, install windows on the ssd left in the pc and put the macos ssd back in, so that both ssds have efi folders. Should this work

This is what I alwasy do

I can't test it but this should work with any Coffee Lake iGPU, which are what Intel 8th and 9th generation processors are. It's @trankilou version with a different Device ID for the display controller.

Howdy! Would you mind sharing the DGPU version for Catalina and Big sur? I am on 0.5.7 and updating is a pain.

Thanks.

Ok fixed.
Actually it is not obvious but now you have to declared AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext

so I just had to add in the config.plist this
<dict>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext</string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>

And wifi now fully working :)

Where is the EFI attachment with patch?

Back