Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Ok, reporting on my findings

First of all, it's already 10 times better. My mouse is now, close to normal even though I feel some lag/hiccup/freeze now and then, but not close to anything I was experiencing earlier yesterday

What I did: I went back to the drawing board and downloaded the latest EFI from the first post of this thread.

Then I compared the config.plist from The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

That's when I realized that the USBMap.kext xml entry was actually NOT enabled ! *headslap*
That's why I wasn't getting my custom port mapping registered !

Anyways, after verifying my custom port mapping (that I previously had assembled), I also disabled the 2 port limit patches in config.plist

--> I now have a working USB (and Bluetooth) Catalina install inside my shiny new case

I am going to run like this for a little bit and if the mouse lagging problems persist, I will look into maybe tinkering the framebuffer stuff.

Thank you everybody for your help and hopefully my posts can help somebody else

Last edited:
Great. Really it’s as easy as substituting the EFI folder. Best to do it from a USB drive first and see the results before altering the EFI folder on your hard drive.
@Leesureone I've used a OC EFI posted in this tread from someone with a similar configuration (attached) but OC wont show my Windows installation? Also, dumb question, is opencore bootloader all terminal based? I have no more apple logo at start-up or even options to run terminal like clover did?

Attachments

• ROG-STRIX-Z390-I-Hackintosh-macOS_11_Big_Sur.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 75
@Leesureone I've used a OC EFI posted in this tread from someone with a similar configuration (attached) but OC wont show my Windows installation? Also, dumb question, is opencore bootloader all terminal based? I have no more apple logo at start-up or even options to run terminal like clover did?
With OpenCore its recommended you use a .plist editor to modify the config.plist which tells the bootloader what to do at start up. Nothing to do with terminal really. You can also use OpenCore Configurator but it can hose your install depending on who you listen too....same as Clover Configurator was back in the day. CC is much more dependable now.

Try this version, you should have a boot menu and see Windows as an option. Everything you ever wanted to know about OpenCore is here, recommended reading:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/

Attachments

• ROG-STRIX-Z390-I-.zip
    16.2 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
With OpenCore its recommended you use a .plist editor to modify the config.plist which tells the bootloader what to do at start up. Nothing to do with terminal really. You can also use OpenCore Configurator but it can hose your install depending on who you listen too....same as Clover Configurator was back in the day. CC is much more dependable now.

Try this version, you should have a boot menu and see Windows as an option. Everything you ever wanted to know about OpenCore is here, recommended reading:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/
Thanks Again, I've been reading the documentation but I find myself quite useless on understanding some of the bits.
Will give it a go on the EFI you sent.
L

Used this for my setup and it worked great, thanks so much!!

I've had to do this before but its also possible you may have to reinstall windows.

There are many ways to dual boot Windows and Mac OS X with different boot loaders on MBR but for UEFI, there’s only Clover boot loader is capable if you set it up correctly. In order to dual boot with Clover by default, you need to install Clover to EFI folder –> rename bootmgfw.efi to bootmgfw-orig.efi in the efi/Microsoft/boot/ folder. When we renamed this bootmgfw.efi, the bios will boot from clover BOOTX64.EFI in the efi/boot/ folder and the Clover boot GUI will come up with all the Windows and Mac OS X partition for us to select and boot correctly.

Hi guys.
I have problem after update cover to 5126. I have dual boot (Win10 Mac 10.15.7) Windows works good and booting, but after booting Mac stuck on Apple logo. Someone have similar problem?
In firs line : err(0x5) GV wake failure
err (0xE) OPEN (system\\Library\prelinkedkerneks\\prelinkedkerner.development)

Attachments

• 1F67007F-7856-4A87-A028-28150D24FF29.jpeg
    1F67007F-7856-4A87-A028-28150D24FF29.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Hi guys.
I have problem after update cover to 5126. I have dual boot (Win10 Mac 10.15.7) Windows works good and booting, but after booting Mac stuck on Apple logo. Someone have similar problem?
In firs line : err(0x5) GV wake failure
err (0xE) OPEN (system\\Library\prelinkedkerneks\\prelinkedkerner.development)
Newer versions of Clover are not being recommended at this time, in trying to support the upcoming Big Sur release it has become a mash up of OpenCore and Clover together and require tweaking to work. Not an OOTB solution anymore. I'd suggest you roll back using a USB Boot disk with and older version of Clover on it.

See this thread here for more information, different platform but you'll have the same issues trying to boot.

Last edited:
Back