Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

If you could you share the one for the "e" variant it would be awesome, thanks in advance. Maybe the entire ACPI folder would be even more useful. I have the "f" which is the same minus the bt/wifi module so I imagine it should work just the same.

I'm currently using the one generated for my very specific board here and all activated USB ports work perfectly: https://github.com/leto1210/z390-Hack/blob/master/SSDT/SSDT-UIAC.dsl
I attached my ACPI folder which has an SSDT for USB ports, you will need USBInjectAll.kext as well in kexts/other and remove any port limit patches in your config.plist. Here is a comparison of the two models as there does seem to be some differences. Once you add in the wireless/bluetooth which adds an additional internal port I think you are going to need to create your own. Also did you mean to post a link to a Gigabyte Aorus Master? Had one of those before the E board.

Gaming F

3 x USB 3.1 Gen 2
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
2 x USB 2.0
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2

Onboard USB

1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 front panel Type-C connector
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)

Gaming E

4 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 (3 x Type-A + 1 x USB Type-C)
2 x USB 3.1 Gen 1
2 x USB 2.0

Onboard USB

1 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 front panel connector
1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 (up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s)
2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s)

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Thats one way yes. I thought Modmike already had those in his Clover EFI folder. On my phone so I can't check
Hi again! My PTO is finished. So, I checked my config.plist and it looks like the path you described earlier is in the place. There are two records with the correct replacement in my configuration. I tried to configure USB ports manually to leave 15 records using the guide for the beginners you shared.
But my OSx still can't wake up. Any other idea what's wrong? Maybe injected WiFi/Bluetooth drivers affect "Sleep" mode? I didn't replace stock Z390 WiFi/Bluetooth module but ModMike included the kexts for other module completable with Apple to EFI folder.
Thank you.

Hi again! My PTO is finished. So, I checked my config.plist and it looks like the path you described earlier is in the place. There are two records with the correct replacement in my configuration. I tried to configure USB ports manually to leave 15 records using the guide for the beginners you shared.
But my OSx still can't wake up. Any other idea what's wrong? Maybe injected WiFi/Bluetooth drivers affect "Sleep" mode? I didn't replace stock Z390 WiFi/Bluetooth module but ModMike included the kexts for other module completable with Apple to EFI folder.
Thank you.
I don't think those kexts will make a difference but you can certainly try removing them and see. Sometimes it's a USB device or software that affects sleep/wake behavior.
See this post regarding terminal commands you can run and maybe get more answers. You can also try ModMike's SSDT-UIAC.aml attached on the first page, you supposedly need USBInjectAll.kext loaded so the two can work together.

I don't think those kexts will make a difference but you can certainly try removing them and see. Sometimes it's a USB device or software that affects sleep/wake behavior.
See this post regarding terminal commands you can run and maybe get more answers. You can also try ModMike's SSDT-UIAC.aml attached on the first page, you supposedly need USBInjectAll.kext loaded so the two can work together.

Ok! Thank you. I will try to get more answers tomorrow.
Talking about attached *.aml file. I'm not sure what to do with the files with such extension. Where should I put it?
Thanks again.

As for Clover, I should put SSDT.aml paths to "EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched", right? Anyway, It still doesn't work. I tried many different combinations like put SSDTs generated by Hackintool with 15 records, unplug all USB devices before waking up the PC, and so on.
I generated the log file by looking for
Code:
[powerd:sleepWake]
keyword (look attachments). I didn't see anything interested in it except general error
Code:
localhost powerd[69]: [powerd:sleepWake] Failed to get sleep type. rc:0xe00002c7
I also attached my current EFI folder.
Some interesting things I noticed:
  1. With an unplugged ethernet cable, PC goes to sleep within ~5 minutes (a very long time!)
  2. I can't figure out what are these HS13, HS14 ports?
    Screenshot 2020-08-03 at 14.30.23.png
    A keyboard and a mouse are connected throw HS05 and HS06 ports. But why do I have predefined two more devices?
Should I generate the log file using the utility: https://github.com/black-dragon74/OSX-Debug? Can it be helpful in my case?
Thank you.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    31.4 MB · Views: 62
  • I-39_SleepAwake.txt
    98.3 KB · Views: 57
See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...imself-wakes-sleep-up-every-two-hours.295596/

Also try this EFI folder, I removed the kexts you do not need and added the SSDT-UAIC.aml file to ACPI/Patched. HS05 and HS06 are the onboard Aura RGB and Intel Bluetooth/Wireless controllers. You had nothing defining which ports are to be used in the EFI folder you posted. Which two ports around are you asking about although I'm not sure its important. In general as long as you have 15 or less ports you are good.

Attachments

• EFI-4.zip
    29 MB · Views: 55
Last edited:
See here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...imself-wakes-sleep-up-every-two-hours.295596/

Also try this EFI folder, I removed the kexts you do not need and added the SSDT-UAIC.aml file to ACPI/Patched. HS05 and HS06 are the onboard Aura RGB and Intel Bluetooth/Wireless controllers. You had nothing defining which ports are to be used in the EFI folder you posted. Which two ports around are you asking about although I'm not sure its important. In general as long as you have 15 or less ports you are good.
I appreciate your help. Unfortunately, your modified EFI didn't fix the issue.
You had nothing defining which ports are to be used in the EFI folder you posted
I removed it because the issue wasn't fixed.
I updated Clover to the latest version and still have the awake problem..
I reviewed the thread you posted last time. It doesn't look like my case. Anyway, I tried to disable TCPKEEPALIVE, but the issue still occurs.
Ohh, too much time to deal with so a popular bug.
Thank you!

Last edited:
Thank you.

Hey, try with the attached OC 5.9 EFI. I got sleep/wake working with Asus Strix Z390-F + 9900k iGPU only with dual monitors (DP+HDMI) partially working (you need to connect and disconnect HDMI once to stop the glitching then it works great) thanks to beta WhateverGreen/Lilu and framebuffer patches.
I also have -wegnoegpu boot-arg to disable my 2080ti.

Just add your SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.9 MB · Views: 66
Hey, try with the attached OC 5.9 EFI. I got sleep/wake working with Asus Strix Z390-F + 9900k iGPU only with dual monitors (DP+HDMI) partially working (you need to connect and disconnect HDMI once to stop the glitching then it works great) thanks to beta WhateverGreen/Lilu and framebuffer patches.

Just add your SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID!
Could you post step by step todo list of how to update SystemSerialNumber and SystemUUID before the folder is copied?
I have IGPU only. So, I don't need anything that relates to DGPU.
What if downgrade WhateverGreen/Lilu?
Thanks in advance!

Back