Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Also what is the recommended model identifier to use for this build? Did read about it very early on in this thread but I can't seem to find that now. I'm currently on iMac Pro 1,1?

I'm getting slight audio jutter and lag when doing simple things like emptying the bin so was thinking changing the identifier might work.

Fixed it, if anyone has the same issue just turn off the Serial Port in the BIOS.
Advanced\Onboard Devices Configuration\Serial Port Configuration\Serial Port - OFF

One final thing (hopefully) the Sapphire Nitro+ RX 5700 XT isn't displaying any temps or fan speed on the HWMonitorSMC2 or iStat any ideas if this is just a compatibility issue or I need to change something? The fans are definitely on and it definitely isn't 0 degrees

Attachments

• Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 12.21.26.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 12.21.26.png
    37.7 KB · Views: 73
  • Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 12.21.49.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-12 at 12.21.49.png
    181.4 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
according to this thread, we need iMacPro1.1 SMBIOS for hardware encoding?
Please see here for the best overview of enabling DRM playback and limitations: an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063

Update 17th May 2020

After updating to Lilu version 1.4.4 and WEG 1.3.9 and using the shikigva=80 boot argument on my desktop system (Haswell i7 4790K CPU / Vega 64 GPU), I can now play NetFlix DRM protected content in Safari in HD perfectly. So it looks like more progress has been made by the Acidanthera team on this. Amazon Prime Video still does not work and displays an error message. From the release notes it looks like Lilu version 1.4.4 and WEG 1.3.9 solves the crashing issue when using the DRM fixes in-conjunction with AMD Polaris based GPU's. Unfortunately, I dont own a Polaris based GPU so i am unable to test to confirm.

basically I need hardware encoding in video editing programs.
Since my CPU doesn't have IGPU, encoding only on CPU is sad.
but
"One possible negative to using this workaround is that you may loose native CPU Power Management as a real iMac Pro has a Intel Workstation XEON class CPU which the iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS is fully optimized for."
So use iMacPro1.1 and CPUFriend kext or use iMac19.1 and encode on CPU :)
Maybe in the new version of Lilu from 17th May encoding in video editing programs works fine.
need to test it, but unfortunately, I waiting my GPU and can't test it now.

Hello everyone!
First of all, thank you so much, ModMike for your work.
I'm going to install Catalina on my computer.
I have Z-390-I motherboard and i5-9600K with iGPU only.
All links from the original post are not working. As far as I understood, it would be preferable to choose "IGPU-OC-EFI.zip" loader. I didn't replace Wi-Fi module (it will be ok for me to use wired internet for now). What should I do with the attached "SSDT-UIAC.aml" file then? Do I still need to download Clover Configurator somewhere (since the original link is broken) to install driver/other updates? How to get all updates otherwise?
Just the original step by step instruction looks like an outdated a little bit.
Thanks in advance!

Hello everyone again! I need help with "Catalina" installation. I already had "Mojave" installed. I guess something wrong with my EFI partition because every time I see
IMG_20200720_121539.jpg

IMG_20200720_115543.jpg
You can review my current EFI folder. As you can see I have installed Windows also. I'm afraid to clear that partition because Windows configuration will be lost.
During "Catalina" installation, I just recreated AFP partition where "Catalina" was installed.
So the question is how to correctly remove previous Clover bootloader to make possible "Catalina" installation and restore Windows record after?
I created a bootable USB using the OC EFI folder.
Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• EFI_OLD.zip
    37.8 MB · Views: 136
Hello everyone!
First of all, thank you so much, ModMike for your work.
I'm going to install Catalina on my computer.
I have Z-390-I motherboard and i5-9600K with iGPU only.
All links from the original post are not working. As far as I understood, it would be preferable to choose "IGPU-OC-EFI.zip" loader. I didn't replace Wi-Fi module (it will be ok for me to use wired internet for now). What should I do with the attached "SSDT-UIAC.aml" file then? Do I still need to download Clover Configurator somewhere (since the original link is broken) to install driver/other updates? How to get all updates otherwise?
Just the original step by step instruction looks like an outdated a little bit.
Thanks in advance!
The IGPU-OC-EFI folder is for Opencore. Are you looking to use OpenCore or Clover? Clover Configurator only works with Clover.

Back