Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

It looks to me like NVRAM was turned off in ModMike's OC EFI. I went through and enabled the steps listed in the OC guide at dortania but same result.
I think I misunderstood what you were trying to do. if you are wanting it to boot your OS X drive without you hitting the enter key make sure your settings in the config.plist under "Misc" look like this (see below). Once you do and it boots after 5 seconds you can adjust the Timeout field to less if thats your goal.

Misc.png

@Leesureone. I believe I have mine set as you showed me. Now my screen looks different per the photo I took. However it still won't boot after 5 seconds, it sits there until I hit enter. Here's how my Misc --> Boot section looks in my config.plist. Am I at the point now I need to do an NVRAM reset?

Attachments

• IMG_6641.jpg
    IMG_6641.jpg
    625 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 3.31.13 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-24 at 3.31.13 PM.png
    39.6 KB · Views: 67
@Leesureone. I believe I have mine set as you showed me. Now my screen looks different per the photo I took. However it still won't boot after 5 seconds, it sits there until I hit enter. Here's how my Misc --> Boot section looks in my config.plist. Am I at the point now I need to do an NVRAM reset?
Odd its not working now, it won't hurt to clear it

I went ahead and cleared NVRAM. Booted up and still not automatically booting off the drive. I went into my preferences and set my SSD to be the boot drive. Rebooted and still just sits there on the screen until I hit enter.

For a reason I can't explain I rebooted the machine again tonight. I had to shut it down actually to install an additonal SSD as it's been stable. Now it's booting automatically without me hitting enter.

@ModMike, Just finished installation with Clover IGPU version without major issues. I have 9600k + 1080 Ti (which is no go for 10.14+), so i went with IGPU version.

0. I have cut radiator on motherboard at the place of Wi-Fi module :mrgreen: So i managed to install "tall" BCM9360CS2. All that because of the greed: price of DW1560 went to the sky since i bought one for my laptop. BCM9360CS2 including M.2 to mPCIe adaptor was thrice as cheaper at the moment of buying. So i removed all kexts related to wi-fi and bluetooth, cause this module is native supported.
1. It didn't boot at first, so i updated kexts and, what's more essential, specified framebuffer for IGPU (recommended from WEG FAQ, 0x3E9B0007). After that it booted and installed like a charm.
2. Installed OC version (with updated kexts) on the SSD just to try it. Just as clover version, it doesn't boot without specifying different framebuffer. Tried default framebuffer from WEG FAQ (0x3EA50000). I do not notice any difference between default and recommended.
3. I haven't tested sleep yet. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi are working fine.

Big thanks for this awesome guide to you and all contributors!

Hello Leesureone,

I lost the overview a little bit...
I still use the opencore 0.58 with my Asus Prime z390p.
I really glad with this.

In the first thread I still see the 0.58, how I can download the 0.59 config?

I have tried to do a simple update but there is no graphical boot screen anymore.
What I have todo to use the 0.59 with a graphical interface.

Regards
kaminkehrer

Hello Leesureone,

I lost the overview a little bit...
I still use the opencore 0.58 with my Asus Prime z390p.
I really glad with this.

In the first thread I still see the 0.58, how I can download the 0.59 config?

I have tried to do a simple update but there is no graphical boot screen anymore.
What I have todo to use the 0.59 with a graphical interface.

Regards
kaminkehrer
The config.plist is included in the OC5.9 release and its inside the "Docs" folder as "Sample.plist". Your job is to edit it to have similar values to 5.8, fortunately 5.8 and 5.9 plists are almost the same so its easier than moving from 5.7 to 5.8. The dortania guide I link below can walk you through the entries but your 5.8 plist is also a guide in and of itself.
To add the GUI the answer is below. I usually delete the audio files because I don't think boot chime or any of the other files will play (and they take up a lot of room on the EFI partition).

Last edited:
H,i @ModMike - I have made the USB drive using Catalina. However, I'm using Asus Prime Z390 MB. The installer boots and hangs on the first boot. Should I be installing Mojave instead of Catalina?

Hi ModMike - I have made the USB drive using Catalina however, I'm using Asus Prime Z390 MB. The installer boots and hangs on the first boot. Should I be installing Mojave instead of Catalina?
The Prime motherboard may or may not work with these EFI folders and the version of the operating system should not make a difference. More information's needed to even begin to try to help. Are you using clover or the open core boot loader version? iGPU or DGPU? What CPU?

There is this link to a different thread where they are using your specific board: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-8600k-uhd-630-mojave-10-14-2-10-14-6.272212/

Back