Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

@iDrakus - it's insane. I have a iMacPro1,1 SMBIOS now:
- iMessage works much more than before (also able to send SMS, not only iMessage)
- no Freeze
- Netflix / DRM stuff seems to work (OC EFI)

Really nice. I'll have to be content with this for a while, I've spent so so many hours in the past 2 weeks to get this working that I have need a break.

Thanks a lot!

EDIT: It's weird because I don't agree that iMacPro has more in common to our setup, to begin with they all have XEON Processors and whatnot.

imacpro.jpg

Last edited:
My happiness was short lived :). I was trying this morning to upload an ipa to app store connect and it froze three times in 30minutes while working around that issue.

I'll try to look into this later this evening.

My happiness was short lived :). I was trying this morning to upload an ipa to app store connect and it froze three times in 30minutes while working around that issue.

I'll try to look into this later this evening.
Did you have a hang when you used OpenCore?

With Catalina 10.15.4, purchased (or installed) apps are not recognized in App Store. In addition, the order of "Favorites" items in the Sidebar of Finder is reset after rebooting. After each rebooting, a "Recovered files" folder is generated in Trash. Can anyone know how to resolve these issues? Thank you!

Last edited:
Did you have a hang when you used OpenCore?
Yes, with my default EFI, and with your EFI (with SMBIOS changed to my values so I don't reset my iMessage again) It was reset galore :). I also had Intel Power Gadget installed in iMac19,1, and that totally crashes on iMacPro1,1, really weird, had to get it out.

With Catalina 10.15.4, purchased (or installed) apps are not recognized in App Store. In addition, the order of "Favorites" items in the Sidebar of Finder is reset after rebooting. After each rebooting, a "Recovered files" folder is generated in Trash. Can anyone know how to resolve these issues? Thank you!
That's really weird, do you not get a clean shutdown ?

can someone post copies of the latest EFIs for this build the links in the original post dont work

@ModMike will surely replace those files (I tried to create an OpenCore 0.5.8 but I'm failing spectacularly, and my current ones are kind of edited specifically to my hardware, but I can clean them and upload later today, I hope)

Yes, with my default EFI, and with your EFI (with SMBIOS changed to my values so I don't reset my iMessage again) It was reset galore :). I also had Intel Power Gadget installed in iMac19,1, and that totally crashes on iMacPro1,1, really weird, had to get it out.
I have been using SMBIOS iMac Pro 1.1 for more than two weeks now and have not seen any problems with freezes. I turned the computer on and off many times, put it into sleep mode. There have never been problems.

Perhaps you should try using a standard serial number, as in my EFI 1 in 1. Perhaps this is the case. I do not use the default serial number from Clover.

I think this should solve your problem. You need to clear the cache on macOS Catalina.

1. Download and install Mac Optimizer
  2. Launch and select the Extras tab

Screen Shot 2020-04-09 at 4.21.07 PM.png

3. Select Execute All at the bottom of the page
  4. Reboot
  5. Install and launch Hackintools
  6. Select the Power icon on the top
  7. If any of the lines are highlighted red select the screwdriver option at the bottom of the screen to fix them

Screen Shot 2020-04-05 at 3.08.51 PM.png

8. Reboot and check again
  9. When all highlights are green, try to sleep the computer

I have been using SMBIOS iMac Pro 1.1 for more than two weeks now and have not seen any problems with freezes. I turned the computer on and off many times, put it into sleep mode. There have never been problems.

Perhaps you should try using a standard serial number, as in my EFI 1 in 1. Perhaps this is the case. I do not use the default serial number from Clover.

I think this should solve your problem. You need to clear the cache on macOS Catalina.

I did all of the above, I used GenSMBIOS to create new SMBIOS for iMacPro1,1 and used those codes with your EFI, ModMike's OC EFI, and on each change I'm clearing NVRAM, I'll also try a EXECUTE all in MacOptimizer, and the freezes are still there, today it crashed 4-5 times so far.

Thanks @iDrakus ! - I'll try your EFI again with a full MacOptimizer cleaning!

Back