Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I'm using Clover. After shutting down and leaving overnight, on next boot I always get the "press f1 to enter setup" error. Something about POST not being correct/shutdown didnt happen properly?

I noticed some weird issues.
Chrome logged out from all sites and deleted all google accounts... Only on Hackintosh. On my MacBook, nothing changes.
All cookie was gone...
Why all google accounts disappear, this is weird.
upd.
All sites send email notification "login with a new device "
upd.
If I reboot to windows I see the same issue in windows.

Last edited:
How do I get OpenCore to autoboot?

I'm using Clover. After shutting down and leaving overnight, on next boot I always get the "press f1 to enter setup" error. Something about POST not being correct/shutdown didnt happen properly?
@ModMike has fixed that issue in his latest Clover EFI on the first page.

Use latest version of EFI posted or update Clover and Enable Apple RTC patch in Clover Configurator:

Screen Shot 2020-04-24 at 8.20.54 AM.png

Oops, sorry @Leesureone. It's all yours until Sunday.

I am a behind on work and need to work through the weekend so I will not be looking at this again until Sunday evening. If @Leesureone wants to step in and take over until then, please do, I welcome your help and input.

I suspect that all of this BIOS patching by OC and Clover may corrupted the NVRAM. I personally have not had any issues but would suggest that you save your BIOS profile using the tools menu in BIOS and then update to the latest version of BIOS. Reset your CMOS by shorting the proper pins (look in manual, When the machine reboots, restore your profile and you should be good to go.

I personally have not had this problem so I am have no other advice than what I just posted. I will be back Sunday with have some updated EFIs for both OC and Clover that I will roll out then.

I wanted to spend some time debugging for you so if you can keep an eye out on Sunday, I will work to resolve your issue as best I can.
@ModMike has done a great job of creating, updating and supporting this thread. By opening this up to OpenCore to anyone I think is great. I've tried to do the same for anyone who is interested in exploring this new, still not 100% ready for prime time, boot loader.

The one caveat is it is not or the faint at heart or inexperienced user, it requires hands on with some kind of plist editor and experience in using Xcode, Propertree or one of the editors out there that will maintain the correct formatting of the config.plist. The config.plist is pretty much the core of the bootloayou der. OpenCore Configurator has screwed me up a couple of times unlike Clover Configurator which I still use regularly.

Learning to edit plists is not particularly difficult but knowing what to edit is is the issue. Fortunately there is excellent documentation supporting each build of OpenCore on Github and for anyone who thinks this is the boot loader for them need to spend time familiarizing themselves with it. Specifically the Coffee Lake configuration guide and other specifics that apply to the Z390 boards we have. I post link to it but I'm not sure the link meets the site criteria and I'm concerned I could be banned. Just google 'OpenCore Vanilla Desktop Guide" for access to the wealth of information

If you are uncomfortable with that I'm sure @ModMike will try and help but to actually take anything away from this and be able to self support, as well as potentially help others (which is what this community is all about) you should get spend time reading the guides including the trouble shooting portions.

One last comment, the bios isn't being broken, the settings are still there and your system will boot even with the F1 or black screen issue. It is messing with it but I also have had no recent issues. I do have some suggestions I will try and post later on today.

I noticed some weird issues.
Chrome logged out from all sites and deleted all google accounts... Only on Hackintosh. On my MacBook, nothing changes.
All cookie was gone...
Why all google accounts disappear, this is weird.
upd.
All sites send email notification "login with a new device "
upd.
If I reboot to windows I see the same issue in windows.
It sounds like it could be an NVRAM issue, what bootloader are you using?

Back