Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Can you please update your build specs? I can’t keep track of all the configs.

So you tried my latest Clover EFI As is and it wouldn’t boot? It works perfect for me and looks like we have identical systems.

I updated it yesterday around 9:00 pm, is that the one you got? Dated yesterday?

Yes, I'm using your latest DGPU-EFI. When I use it, like all the versions you've provided in the last 24 hours, when the Apple logo loads, I get a black screen.

Everything should work out of the box for you without any changes. If it does not work, then you are doing something wrong. There are no miracles.
My vega64 works (with the DGPU-EFI from an earlier build) but my hardware encoding is not registering in videoproc. That is why I've been requesting help to see how I can get hardware encoding to work. ModMike has been providing new DGPU-EFIs for me to try, and none of them have allowed me to boot into Catalina. I get a black screen after the Apple logo, so I can't even tell if I now have video hardware encoding enabled.

My vega64 works (with the DGPU-EFI from an earlier build) but my hardware encoding is not registering in videoproc. That is why I've been requesting help to see how I can get hardware encoding to work. ModMike has been providing new DGPU-EFIs for me to try, and none of them have allowed me to boot into Catalina. I get a black screen after the Apple logo, so I can't even tell if I now have video hardware encoding enabled.
I have on the 5700 XT the exact same problem always on Clover and OpenCore. It is solved in my case by adding the boot argument agdpmod = pikera.

Try this one and let me know if it works. If it does I will send an optimized version.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    26.7 MB · Views: 64
Please download the latest version of either Clover or OpenCore, they both fix the error on post.
Thanks ModMike, I downloaded the latest version a few days ago, I suspect that I missed the latest version, will update and try again.

I managed to get it working with an RTC Patch I found elsewhere, but I'd much rather run your release as it otherwise 'just works' and has been great for me so far

For what it's worth on the screen issue, it happens also without FileVault, and I managed to get rid of it by adjusting the OC resolution to my monitors native (2160p), and that issue has gone

Thanks again, and amazing work :)

I have on the 5700 XT the exact same problem always on Clover and OpenCore. It is solved in my case by adding the boot argument agdpmod = pikera.

He has a Vega 64 as do I. I don't need the a
Thanks ModMike, I downloaded the latest version a few days ago, I suspect that I missed the latest version, will update and try again.

I managed to get it working with an RTC Patch I found elsewhere, but I'd much rather run your release as it otherwise 'just works' and has been great for me so far

For what it's worth on the screen issue, it happens also without FileVault, and I managed to get rid of it by adjusting the OC resolution to my monitors native (2160p), and that issue has gone

Thanks again, and amazing work :)

Which RTC patch? The one for the post error?

Which RTC patch? The one for the post error?

Yeah, this one:
XML:
        <key>Patch</key>
        <array>
            <dict>
                <key>Base</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>Comment</key>
                <string>AppleRTC patch</string>
                <key>Count</key>
                <integer>1</integer>
                <key>Enabled</key>
                <true/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>dTMPtw==</data>
                <key>Identifier</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AppleRTC</string>
                <key>Limit</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
                <key>Mask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>MaxKernel</key>
                <string></string>
                <key>MinKernel</key>
                <string>18.5.0</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>6zMPtw==</data>
                <key>ReplaceMask</key>
                <data></data>
                <key>Skip</key>
                <integer>0</integer>
            </dict>
        </array>

I'm trying use the newest EFI. But, when I mount the EFI drive and delete the existing EFI folder, it won't let me copy the new one over. I get the following error:

Any ideas how to solve this?

Screen Shot 2020-04-19 at 5.12.14 PM.png

I'm trying use the newest EFI. But, when I mount the EFI drive and delete the existing EFI folder, it won't let me copy the new one over. I get the following error:

Any ideas how to solve this?

View attachment 463662
empty your trash bin

Back