Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Here you go. The RadeonBoost Kext is still in there but DISABLED, no need to delete it, doesn't work like Clover. I suggest you get Clover working because it has a lot of tools and support.

There may be an issue with the new RadeonBoost.kext in my latest EFI. I am validating now and will post when fixed.
Im having the same issue. I've tried your most recent DGPU-EFI, and added agdpmod=pikera, and deleted RadeonBoost.kext, and monitor still turns off after apple logo.

Is there a solution using opencore? if so, do you have a guide on how to do it?

Hi ModMike,

You're guide works great, I followed it for my Mojave build, and then updated it to Catalina and rebuilt :)
Only modification I had to make was to inject my Ethernet adapter & some black magical to get iMessages working :D

I'm having a few issues that I'm struggling to fix (Specs in Profile are up to date and correct)
1/ After a Reboot or Shutdown BIOS detects a POST failure and forces safe mode
2/ Very very low resolution when booting via OpenCore when decrypting via FileVault
3/ This only happens with OpenCore, and not with Clover, the primary monitor that I use to enter FileVault password doesn't work after macOS loads, to get it to work, I have to power off & back on the monitor for it too work, I suspect that this is related to 2/ and something to do with resolution changing between the splash screen and when the OS is booted

Please download the latest version of either Clover or OpenCore, they both fix the error on post.

Im having the same issue. I've tried your most recent DGPU-EFI, and added agdpmod=pikera, and deleted RadeonBoost.kext, and monitor still turns off after apple logo.

You don't need agdpmod=pikera for a 580. Never used it until the RX-5700. Are you using Clover or OpenCore?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:

Is there a solution using opencore? if so, do you have a guide on how to do it?

Its different for Clover, delete the RadeonBoost.kext in the kext folder and retry. There is an OpenCore EFI attached to the guide, just use as is.

I'm not using the 580 anymore. I have an Asus Vega 64
Everything should work out of the box for you without any changes. If it does not work, then you are doing something wrong. There are no miracles.

I'm not using the 580 anymore. I have an Asus Vega 64

Can you please update your build specs? I can’t keep track of all the configs.

So you tried my latest Clover EFI As is and it wouldn’t boot? It works perfect for me and looks like we have identical systems.

I updated it yesterday around 9:00 pm, is that the one you got? Dated yesterday?

Last edited:
Back