Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

I needed to add agdpmod = pikera for the new Clover, without it there was a black screen.

I rebooted my computer three times - there are no more problems with the F1 error. Everything works well, but I will stay on OpenCore :)

@ModMike Can we increase the size of the OpenCore interface at boot time?

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...o-radeon-rx-vega-64-build.272572/post-2104803

I will be supporting both for now but probably going back to OpenCore soon myself.

There is not much I can do right now because of very limited controls for OpenCanopy. The next version will be more flexible, it’s out May1st.

Was thinking of building it myself to try out before.

Here you go. Did you check if you were in headless mode using Hackintool?

If you still have mouse problems with IGPU, let me know. I have a few things we can try.

Be sure to clear NVRAM on boot using F11 at the Clover boot screen.
Thank you. whats a headless mode? or how do u check that?

Hi ModMike,

You're guide works great, I followed it for my Mojave build, and then updated it to Catalina and rebuilt :)
Only modification I had to make was to inject my Ethernet adapter & some black magical to get iMessages working :D

I'm having a few issues that I'm struggling to fix (Specs in Profile are up to date and correct)
1/ After a Reboot or Shutdown BIOS detects a POST failure and forces safe mode
2/ Very very low resolution when booting via OpenCore when decrypting via FileVault
3/ This only happens with OpenCore, and not with Clover, the primary monitor that I use to enter FileVault password doesn't work after macOS loads, to get it to work, I have to power off & back on the monitor for it too work, I suspect that this is related to 2/ and something to do with resolution changing between the splash screen and when the OS is booted

Hi ModMike,

You're guide works great, I followed it for my Mojave build, and then updated it to Catalina and rebuilt :)
Only modification I had to make was to inject my Ethernet adapter & some black magical to get iMessages working :D

I'm having a few issues that I'm struggling to fix (Specs in Profile are up to date and correct)
1/ After a Reboot or Shutdown BIOS detects a POST failure and forces safe mode
2/ Very very low resolution when booting via OpenCore when decrypting via FileVault
3/ This only happens with OpenCore, and not with Clover, the primary monitor that I use to enter FileVault password doesn't work after macOS loads, to get it to work, I have to power off & back on the monitor for it too work, I suspect that this is related to 2/ and something to do with resolution changing between the splash screen and when the OS is booted

I patched OC a few days ago, how old is the EFI you are using? Download the latest one and try again.

I don’t use file vault so can’t speak to it.

Last edited:
@ModMike , thank you! Everything works smoothly with the latest EFI iGPU folder. Except of the sleep problem of course.

I tried to use your suggested app "Mac Optimizer". But, as soon as I try to use the option "Rebuild system changes" which is included in the "execute all" procedure, I get an error after the second stage "You cancel this operation - This operation has been cancelled!" Really strange. I also can't find any help with Google about this issue. :(

@iDrakus @vio1

Can you please try this Clover EFI? I fixed 2 issues:
  1. I fixed Apple RTC so we should no longer get Post error. I rebooted 5 times with no error but not sure as it doesn't always happen. I suspect that Clover 5112 added the patch to Apple RTC option.
  2. Minor fix to GUI so progress bar is back, that was a little disconcerting!
I did NOT include the agdpmod=pikera because I installed the RadeonBoost.kext. If you can't boot, add the agdpmod=pikera argument and try again. If you still can't boot, erase the RadeonBoost.kext in the Efi kext directory.

Be sure to clear NVRAM on first boot attempt using F11 at clover boot screen. You may need to use FN +F11 depending on your keyboard.

Let me know how it works out, I would like to update my clover EFIs.

Thanks!

Still not working for me. I got the Apple logo to come up. But, after the Apple logo, I get a black screen. Should I try adding agdpmod=pikera? If so where do I do that?

@ModMike , thank you! Everything works smoothly with the latest EFI iGPU folder. Except of the sleep problem of course.

I tried to use your suggested app "Mac Optimizer". But, as soon as I try to use the option "Rebuild system changes" which is included in the "execute all" procedure, I get an error after the second stage "You cancel this operation - This operation has been cancelled!" Really strange. I also can't find any help with Google about this issue. :(

Did you use the link to the new version in my guide? The developer gave it to me directly, I don't know the tit is posted anywhere.

Last edited:
I tried this EFI with F11 at Clover screen. But even with added agdpmod=pikera and deleted RadeonBoost.kext, I cannot boot to it. There is progress bar, but, after that, I just get a black screen, and my monitor automatically set to standby mode.

Here you go. The RadeonBoost Kext is still in there but DISABLED, no need to delete it, doesn't work like Clover. I suggest you get Clover working because it has a lot of tools and support.

Back