Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Chiming in here to say this guide actually gave me a working system with OpenCore. Other sources say you should always start from scratch yourself, but that's way too easily said. There's so much outdated/incomplete or sometimes wrong info around a subject that's already difficult by itself... it's quite the blessing to see a guy like you who a)knows what he is doing b) knows how to explain or write a tutorial for others and last but not least c) keeps things up-to-date and complete.

One question though, the Radeon RX 580/5500/5700 is natively supported by MacOS. So I assume, when I plugin that card into my system thats's currently on Intel IGPU, it works out of the box if I change the OpenCore config.plist to the Dedicated GPU. So why then is that SSDT/AML file / direct framebuffer injection needed? And SSDT/AML file = framebuffer injection right?

Thank you for the compliment and the answer is generally. But wait! There is actually a method that will give you up to a 40% speed boost. I will post the EFI and instructions in 15 minutes.

Thank you for the compliment and the answer is generally. But wait! There is actually a method that will give you up to a 40% speed boost. I will post the EFI and instructions in 15 minutes.
There are apparently some questions regarding real world performance increases. Geekbench records a nice increase but other benchmarks and applications so far really do not.
Hey Mike, has anyone recorded any real life performance increases beyond geekbench results? I've read it doesn't but there is ongoing testing.

See here from @jaymonkey, kext vs SSDT methods approached similarly.

See here from @jaymonkey, kext vs SSDT methods approached similarly.

Using the RadeonBoost kext method. Got better results but could also be Geekbench variability.

Using the RadeonBoost kext method. Got better results but could also be Geekbench variability.
[/QUOTE]
That's what some other users have said, even @CCMChris said outside of Geekbench results are much less noteworthy. Hoping there are further developments.

Last edited:
Is it really messed up during boot? I've seen this issue a few times, try to clear the NVRAM. I assume the mouse is bluetooth right? I believe your card is an apple native card, correct? Did you remove all the BRCM and AirportFixup kexts as well?

If that fails try the OpenCore EFI on page 1 to isolate the issue. If it does it under OC, then you know it's a hardware issue. If not, then you know it's a Clover issue. The easiest way to try it is to dump the OC EFI on FAT32 formate USB stick and boot from it. Let us know how it worked out.
I tried the OC still got the stutter. dang. what can it be?

Hi all. Does anybody know how to fix the issue that iStatMenus app doesn't recognize all cpus frequencies/temps/etc? However I have installed Intel Power Gadget. Also, it's interesting that HWMonitorSMC2 shows everything correctly.

Previously I already had it working with iStatMenus. But something is broken after I updated to 10.15.4, and updated all kexts from the latest zip of the first post.

I used ACPIMonitor.kext, FakeSMC.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, Nuvoton6XXXX.kext. I guess I found them somewhere here and it just worked in the past. But now if I add them again, I can't boot anymore.

Back