Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

No need to bother, USB limit has been debunked, please see guide for full explanation. Just use USBInjectAll.kext with the correct port limit patch remover and you will have full access to everything. Been using it that way since I wrote the guide and no issues.

My EFI's include the proper settings for full USB enablement.
IMO It's still better to create your own SSDT-UIAC because you are not dependent on the port limit patch. The port limit patch can break in future updates.

IMO It's still better to create your own SSDT-UIAC because you are not dependent on the port limit patch. The port limit patch can break in future updates.

There are a lot of what I call 'Bogeyman' arguments that don't stand up to the light of day. There have been patches for each version within a day of release. Mine usually work through multiple versions. But lets imagine the worst case happens and a PLRP does not exist for a new version. So what? Simply install the SSDT. In the meantime, why not use a PLRP and enjoy all your USB ports?

Please read my spoiler in the guide named: "About the Port Limit Thing" under methodology. Also take the time to read the post about the "The Great Kext Schism" in case you are still insisting on putting kexts in the /extensions folder.

I understand that emotions run high on both subjects so I am not looking to debate any more, everything that needed to be said, has been said in my posts.

By the way, there has always been an SSDT-UIAC for the board in the Guide for this of you who insist on crippling your system.

Last edited:
Just made some minor changes to Guide Catalina. Mainly changing some text and links.

Let me know if anything is inaccurate.

Just succeeded running 10.15.3 on my first Hackintosh build following a part of your guide (mainly BIOS setting).

My build: Asus Z390i, i7 9700K, Radeon Pro WX 5100, 32GB Crucial Ballistix 3200Mhz, Samsung M.2 970 Evo 1Tb.

Took me 2 hours to make it run. Everything works just fine and gives a big slap to my MacBook Pro.
Didn't think it would be that easy.

What doesn't work:
-Wifi/Bluetooth, but I'm still waiting for the DW1560...

Problems I had :
-Boot hang at : "apfs_module_start : 1683 :" corrected with patch "SSDT-EC.aml" into /EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched
and just after passing this hang.... got stuck again at "HID legacy shim 2" just swapped the boot key to a different USB port and went straight to the install.

That's it.

kexts I used for that build :
- AppleALC.kext
- intelMausiEthernet.kext
- Lilu.kext
- WhateverGreen.kext
- USBinjectALL.kext
- VirtualSMC.kext
- SMCProcessor.kext
- SMCSuperIO.kext

What kext to use for the DW1560 and 10.15.3 ...?

Last edited:
Sharing Asus z390-i 9900K Vega 64 DW1560 Opencore(v0.55) based EFI
what works: everything(booting faster than clover)
what need to do: add ur own PlatformInfo in config(iMac Pro)

PS: due to personal reason, usb device cannot wake up macOS, only the power button could do it.

Attachments

• EFI OC 20200220.zip
    3.9 MB · Views: 84
Hello,

First of all, I'd like to thank @ModMike for this excellent guide that he has crafted :clap:
I have ordered most of my parts based on it, and it's working perfectly for my needs, thank you!

The thing I do missing is NVRAM implementation.
I tried so many things, but unfortunately, none of them worked for me.

I found a guide on ****** > "NVRAM for all! 300 series users rejoice!" saying that the Z390 chipset is now natively supported.
And by the reaction of the users in that thread, It seems like it did the trick for most of them.
But again, unfortunately for me, it did nothing.

Please, I'd appreciate it if someone could help me to figure out this issue.

Cheers,
Ziv

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.7 KB · Views: 52
  • EFI_folder_ layout.png
    EFI_folder_ layout.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
  • Geekbench_5_results.png
    Geekbench_5_results.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 59
No need to bother, USB limit has been debunked, please see guide for full explanation. Just use USBInjectAll.kext with the correct port limit patch remover and you will have full access to everything. Been using it that way since I wrote the guide and no issues.

My EFI's include the proper settings for full USB enablement.

Sharing Asus z390-i 9900K Vega 64 DW1560 Opencore(v0.55) based EFI
what works: everything(booting faster than clover)
what need to do: add ur own PlatformInfo in config(iMac Pro)

PS: due to personal reason, usb device cannot wake up macOS, only the power button could do it.

Talkin' USB, i had a look at your EFI, do you get full USB on that Z390i ?
All my USB ports are OK but 480 Mb/s of course... i tried the SSDT_UAIC.aml that ModMike uploaded on his guide
and was able to get 5 Gb/s on the 4 USB 3.1/3.2 ports at the back, but totally lost my front USB-C and the USB-C at the back IO still stuck at 480 Mb/s...

@ziv.greenberg,

Check out @pastrychef's build descriptions as he's solved the NVRAM problem.

@ziv.greenberg,

Check out @pastrychef's build descriptions as he's solved the NVRAM problem.

Thank you for sharing these links.
Frankly, I have already bumped it during my previous search.

But it got me very confused back then as he specifically talking about the GB board and there is no clear explanation on the NVRAM definition.

The solution that I see more and more is the one I've already mentioned:
But again, for the reasons I can't understand yet it is not working for me.

I wonder how other people with the same board were able to configure NVRAM option.

Cheers,
Ziv

Back