Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

:eek:

Last edited:
How to get an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card to run on an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming

You need to upgrade to macOS 10.15.1 (Final) and select the assembly CATAL-DGPU-EFI.zip. After that, you need to manually update the files:

Lilu.kext version 1.3.9 or later

WhateverGreen.kext version 1.3.4 or later

Clover can not be updated to a new version (it works like that).

To make it work you need to use a modified config. I added the Graphics section there, and added the boot argument agdpmod = pikera, and left everything else as @ModMike. Do not forget to add your SMBiOS to the config. I am using iMac 19.1 (9900K).

View attachment 434173

View attachment 434184

Full CLOVER folder for RX 5700 XT on macOS Catalina 10.15.1:
How did you get the VDA Decoder to be fully supported? Thanks

@Leesureone
The last days I experimented with different things, to make my rx5700xt running well. Memory driver, native NVRAM, SSDT for my USB, BIOS-settings, cables... but finally nothing works against that micro lag of my mouse.

Today I took my Hackintosh to work... to test it on different monitors. I use on work the same monitor like at home and the issue still remains @4k & 60Hz. It's an iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU-B1... So I tested on an Asus 4k Monitor and you won't believe it... no mouse lag. Everything fine @4k & 60Hz office monitor (without Freesync).

Everything works well with the RX580 GPU, but as I switched to the RX5700 XT the issue occur. But only with the iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU-B1. So I think that's the answer of my problems. The comination Catalina + RX 5700 XT + iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU-B1...

Nevertheless a big thank you, Leesureone!

@Leesureone
The last days I experimented with different things, to make my rx5700xt running well. Memory driver, native NVRAM, SSDT for my USB, BIOS-settings, cables... but finally nothing works against that micro lag of my mouse.

Today I took my Hackintosh to work... to test it on different monitors. I use on work the same monitor like at home and the issue still remains @4k & 60Hz. It's an iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU-B1... So I tested on an Asus 4k Monitor and you won't believe it... no mouse lag. Everything fine @4k & 60Hz office monitor (without Freesync).

Everything works well with the RX580 GPU, but as I switched to the RX5700 XT the issue occur. But only with the iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU-B1. So I think that's the answer of my problems. The comination Catalina + RX 5700 XT + iiyama ProLite XUB2792UHSU-B1...

Nevertheless a big thank you, Leesureone!
All good, first time I've heard a monitor/ video card combination could cause mouse lag. Glad you found some kind of solution, it may be as the drivers for the XT series cards mature there will be less problems.

My two cents. WOL is configured in the BIOS and in Energy Preferences. Typically, it is recommended to turn it off in Hackintosh builds, that being said I've used it before without issue. I looked at your EFI folder and 1st off your ACPI/patched folder looks like an OpenCore configuration. I'm not sure if you are benefiting from some its contents being you are using Clover.

SSDT-PMC.aml is good for enabling NVRAM and you need a working SSDT-UAIC.aml for a proper USB configuration but I think the balance of content is unnecessary.

I also noticed your SSDT_UAIC is not exactly right and that by itself could be your issue with sleep/ wake. For every USB3 port you need an HS entry and an SS entry as well to make that port work as designed. For the most part you do except for port SS02, there is no corresponding HS02 entry.

Also I don't think there should be a need for the USBPower.kext if your UAIC_SSDT is configured correctly. Same for XHCI-unsupported.kext, get that out of there.

I'm also not sure what you are trying to accomplish below with the Kernel Patch, I would use the patches ModMike has in his config.plist instead.

Just some suggestions, can't say it will make a difference but simpler is usually better.

View attachment 449364

View attachment 449363

Hello !

What's your SSDT-EC patches? They're not in Modmike's EFI zip ?

It's compatible with the Asus ROG z390 ?
I'll try, thank you :)
it's supposed to replace the ACPI patch in config.plist? (rename EC0 to EC) or it's a complement ?
The answer is in the link I posted

NEW EFIs: Attention for those of you with bluetooth issues!

Catalina EFI Changes:

1) Updated Clover, drivers, and Kexts
2) Replaced all BRCM bluetooth drivers with latest versions (BRCMPatchRAM3.kext)
3) Removed extraneous DSDTs in the origin folder that were making Bluetooth flakey

Mojave:

1) Removed extraneous DSDTs in the origin folder that were making Bluetooth flakey

Enjoy!

I agree with @antiserum420. No Z390 boards have native NVRAM. You enabled it using the SSDT-PMC.aml. As far as USB goes, you can start from scratch, which is good for fluency in dealing with this stuff in the future, or you can download MaciASL and edit your existing UIAC-SSDT.aml to add or enable your USBc port. Hackintool will show you your active ports, with it running plug something into the USB-c port to identify which it is, and then edit the SSDT to include it. If it doesn't show using Hackintool you may need to delete your UIAC-SSDT temporarily and add the port limit patches to your config.plist to activate all ports. You should read the guide so you understand why you need to add a USB 2 and USB3 port to the same port to allow it to work correctly. Sounds harder than it is.

I used this guide instead of Rehabman's, there are YouTube videos out there as well. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/a-beginners-guide-to-creating-a-custom-usb-ssdt.272505/

No need to bother, USB limit has been debunked, please see guide for full explanation. Just use USBInjectAll.kext with the correct port limit patch remover and you will have full access to everything. Been using it that way since I wrote the guide and no issues.

My EFI's include the proper settings for full USB enablement.

Back