Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

So does sleep work if you connect the BCM without the extension cable? (Yes, you need to remove the cooling block.)
When my BCM943602CS was inserted directly into the motherboard without an extension cord, there was no problem sleeping.

When my BCM943602CS was inserted directly into the motherboard without an extension cord, there was no problem sleeping.
That is weird, usually sleep/ wake problems are a function of the USB port limit patch not being implemented correctly. Wether its in the config.plist, as Modmike did, or in the form of an SSDT placed in EFI/ Clover/ACPI/patched directory. You can also use Hackintool to create a custom kext that only activates the ports you pick. I was going to suggest trying to modify whichever way you have USB set up but it seems like it if it works without the ribbon cable it should work with it. Maybe it's not seated quite right?

How to get an AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT graphics card to run on an ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-I Gaming

You need to upgrade to macOS 10.15.1 (Final) and select the assembly CATAL-DGPU-EFI.zip. After that, you need to manually update the files:

Lilu.kext version 1.3.9 or later

WhateverGreen.kext version 1.3.4 or later

Clover can not be updated to a new version (it works like that).

To make it work you need to use a modified config. I added the Graphics section there, and added the boot argument agdpmod = pikera, and left everything else as @ModMike. Do not forget to add your SMBiOS to the config. I am using iMac 19.1 (9900K).

View attachment 434173

View attachment 434184

Full CLOVER folder for RX 5700 XT on macOS Catalina 10.15.1:

My mod is i9-9900K & RX 5700
This EFI works fine. But I also meet some small problem.
Like. after reboot "find my mac" was disabled. And I can't turn on unlock mac with Apple watch...

Do someone knows if it's possible to fit a BCM94360CD?

I was using it in my old Hackintosh with a PCI-e adaptor. It's an original Apple card, so it worked OOB.
The problem is that it have 4 antenna plugs..

Do someone knows if it's possible to fit a BCM94360CD?

I was using it in my old Hackintosh with a PCI-e adaptor. It's an original Apple card, so it worked OOB.
The problem is that it have 4 antenna plugs..
Yes, with adaptor. You need to remove or modify the cooling block, and add antennas.

I do have the version with 3 antennas (CSAX) running this way.

DC6B5E1A-2A74-49E4-9D3B-13F9967BE7C9.jpeg

Last edited:
Yes, with adaptor. You need to remove or modify the cooling block, and add antennas.

I do have the version with 3 antennas (CSAX) running this way.

View attachment 436427

Nice.. which is the name of the connector used by the BRCM card?

Do you know if is it possible to mount it in the back M.2 slot?
For the third antenna, what did you do? Is it possible to "merge" 2 antennas in 1?

Last edited:

For the third antenna, what did you do? Is it possible to "merge" 2 antennas in 1?

It is called IPEX4.

What I did was I added an antenna and routed the cable out of my case. Not exactly this one but similar. All works fine.

I think I read someone has used the back M.2 slot but was not an option for me. I used dremel to make room :)

My mod is 9900k && rx5700
This EFI works fine. But I also meet some small problem.
Like. after reboot "find my mac" was disabled. And I can't turn on unlock mac with apple watch...
Find my Mac can is problematic in Hackintoshes, in some case locking the system without recourse to unlock it. It's not recommended in newer versions of OSX. See this bit on apple watches here:

I had this board and began by reading every post from the beginning to get an idea of what issues people where having. The overall recommendation seems to be to modify the cooling block rather than leaving it off to avoid over heating issues. Cutting a hole in it to accommodate the taller card makes sense to me to get OOB connectivity and to avoid the arm wresting some folks have had with bluetooth (if you don't mind the destructive aspect of it). You should be able to use any of the M2 slots if you don't mind giving up access for an NVME SSD (and be able to dual boot).

That is weird, usually sleep/ wake problems are a function of the USB port limit patch not being implemented correctly. Wether its in the config.plist, as Modmike did, or in the form of an SSDT placed in EFI/ Clover/ACPI/patched directory. You can also use Hackintool to create a custom kext that only activates the ports you pick. I was going to suggest trying to modify whichever way you have USB set up but it seems like it if it works without the ribbon cable it should work with it. Maybe it's not seated quite right?
If I insert the BCM943602CS into the Wi-Fi / Bluetooth slot on the motherboard directly, I do not see any sleep problems.

If I use this extension cord, they arise. I think this is because of the two constantly hot LEDs on the adapter, which consume energy and lead to crashes.

I already ordered another adapter that used @ telenkov88. Hope this solves my problem. If so, you will have to use the rear slot m.2, buying another adapter.

Back