Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

Did the update, updated BIOS and updated to latest EFI, went without a problem, apart from the usual issues that happen each time I change any graphics settings in the BIOS and I get a black screen on reboot, this is easily fixed by swapping the mini display port cable from the 560 to the iGPU, then back into the BIOS and as always, it has reverted back to the iGPU instead of the PEG. Changed to PEG, rebooted and then swapped the cable back and all's good, running at 5GHz. Thanks @ModMike

Actually, USB seems to be broken again. Grabbed the SSDT-UIAC.aml from post 1 and installed into acpi/patched, but still no USB. My USB audio device that was working perfectly is now not recognised on any of the USB ports. Likewise if I plug in any other USB devices, externam drives etc, they are no longer recognised.

Edit: All fixed, there were about 6 system extensions that had been blocked and they were all for USB devices.

Last edited:
Hi, after my components arrived today, I tried a new install with 10.14.5. I'm also getting the pink stripes in the install process. After that, the monitor just got dark and no waiting / restart or whatsoever help...

If i understand it correctly, I have to wait for the new kexts?

GPU is a Asus Strix RX 590 / Other Hardware identical to the guide.

Thanks !

Attachments

• Copia di IMG_0424.HEVC.jpg
    Copia di IMG_0424.HEVC.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 96
Hi, after my components arrived today, I tried a new install with 10.14.5. I'm also getting the pink stripes in the install process. After that, the monitor just got dark and no waiting / restart or whatsoever help...

If i understand it correctly, I have to wait for the new kexts?

GPU is a Asus Strix RX 590 / Other Hardware identical to the guide.

Thanks !

It should just work, you used the DGPU EFI Folder right? Try booting with -v (verbose Flag) and posting the result. Sometimes just unplugging the monitor display cable, waiting 5 seconds, and then plugging it back in will reactivate the monitor. Don't know why you'd need to do that but sometimes the monitor won't play nice.

Yes, to the DGPU-Folder.
I will try.

Update: I can´t really make a photo (or read) of the last text before the display signal is gone. Sorry...

Update 2: Ok, solved. After massiv time and 30 unplugs / plugs, I am in the installation window.
Maybe my LG monitor is really not Mac friendly.

THANKS!

Last edited:
I'm using my setup now on a HP USB-C Universal Dock. It's amazing. If I need my Dell laptop or MacBook Air, I just plug 1 USB-C and everything is working - key/mouse/printers and dual display setup. :)

Last edited:
USB? Bluetooth? Both work fine for me but helps to know how you are connected.

Back