Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

1. Yes and don't forget to assign one to your internal Bluetooth.
  2. I don't THINK so but unplug when testing.

Thank you for helping me with the somewhat off-topic questions. Appreciate it!

@silentone Not so fast, I screwed up (I say that lot, huh?). When I rebuilt Clover from the ground up some time ago, I forgot to put the SSDT for USB back in. I also took @pastrychef advice and put SAT0-SAT rename back in. I also added HDAS to HDEF for audio which may have been an issue for the rest of you. If you have any issues with audio, use layout ID 7

I was relying on Hackintool to give me info and I think it just doesn't work the way I thought it did so for sanity's sake, I put the renames in because they can only help, not hurt.

I will be taking a break from here for a few days if possible to dissect my system to understand what is configuring my system so I know what I need to export. I am deprecating my last EFIs and updated the ones in post 1 so you can use those.

Things SHOULD be a lot smoother on many fronts.

Last edited:
It's the same as SATA, you can look in IORegistryExplorer to see if AppleALC is doing the rename correctly.

It's weird, at one point it was, now it isn't. It's really hard to know what is being renamed on the fly. It's kind of a pain to have to wade through the IORegistry to figure out what to rename. On top it, I have no idea what renames Mojave still needs. Very frustrating.

Thank you for keeping me company on this quest!

To all thread followers: Please update to the latest EFI, in post #1. The update includes an SSDT that was mistakenly left out in the last few versions, which would affect proper USB functions and I added some renames that may have caused SATA issues. I also HOPEFULLY fixed the audio so you can use layout 1. If it doesn't work, use layout 7.

To all thread followers: Please update to the latest EFI, in post #1. The update includes an SSDT that was mistakenly left out in the last few versions, which would affect proper USB functions and I added some renames that may have caused SATA issues. I also HOPEFULLY fixed the audio so you can use layout 1. If it doesn't work, use layout 7.

So the redone EFI's in post one are good to go?
Got home. Would like to test it out with a whiped drive fresh install, with Fastboot disabled in Bios this time

So the redone EFI's in post one are good to go?
Got home. Would like to test it out with a whiped drive fresh install, with Fastboot disabled in Bios this time

Hang on, I am just downloaded the new HackinTool and using it like a grown up. I will be reposting what I hope is a definitive EFI soon.

We'll grow and feel pain with you. Don't worry.
Will be waiting then.

I can't tell you how much I appreciate your patience and value your willingness to help validate the install. I think we are almost there.

Back