Contribute
Register

The everything works Asus Z390-I Gaming * i7-8700K * SAPPHIRE NITRO+ Radeon RX Vega 64 Build

The upgrade was successful. However, my mackintosh was very slow, lagging with random spinning wheel: very annoying. I was able to retrieve another EFI (Z390 Horus based), and I was able to adapt it to the Z390-I. Now My hack is fast again but wifi doesn't work neither BT. I think I can fix BT, but from what I read wifi might be harder to fix ATM

I found the culprit for the slowness: BT and Wifi Kext...with bad USB mapping
I redo usb mapping and now BT is working again (you absolutely need the last version of USBinjector kext)
so only dropbox and wifi (so airdrop) is not working and also WhatsApp

Last edited:
Updated to Sonoma and things seem stable so far except for one thing: apparently Sonoma dropped Broadcom wifi support? I'm running the Dell DW1830 BCM943602BAED Broadcom m.2 card and I don't have the option to even turn on wifi. Bluetooth is working however. Guess I'll have to dig around and see if there is a newer compatible m.2 wifi/bluetooth card. I know there is the whole legacy patcher thing that can possibly make it work but I don't really want to turn off all the security and deal with that every update.

Updated to Sonoma and things seem stable so far except for one thing: apparently Sonoma dropped Broadcom wifi support? I'm running the Dell DW1830 BCM943602BAED Broadcom m.2 card and I don't have the option to even turn on wifi. Bluetooth is working however. Guess I'll have to dig around and see if there is a newer compatible m.2 wifi/bluetooth card. I know there is the whole legacy patcher thing that can possibly make it work but I don't really want to turn off all the security and deal with that every update.
You are correct, Sonoma eliminated WiFi in Broadcom cards, and there are no replacement compatible cards at this time. The onboard Intel cards work but WiFi implementation is in its very early days. The Airport kext is being called “Preview 5”.

Last edited:
Sonoma eliminate WiFi in Broadcom cards and there are no replacement compatible cards at this time. The onboard intel cards work but Wifi implementation is in its very early days.
The third option, which isn't perfect either, uses a USB wifi adapter and the Chris1111 method for Sonoma. These are all Realtek based. I posted a thread on this some time ago. Has gotten a lot of views since January 2022.

@bloodstrike if you go this route and are a long distance from the router, go with this one for the best antenna.

High Gain Antenna(Archer T3U Plus)

One person said they got the best speeds using this over other wifi adapters.

Last edited:
@Leesureone @trs96 Thanks for all the great info! I really haven't been following hack news for a while since things have been stable for me. I'll definitely look into the T3U and Chris1111's method.

Many apps are broken with Sonoma, starting with the only game I play: League of Legends (from what I see in logs, an issue with the certificate chain). To be honest, huge deception: it brings nothing interesting (widget = useless, game mode: not for intel, anything else ?) and broke compatibility with many apps. I start thinking about roll back with Time Machine ...

Back